Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content Management Software

Hi,

I'm currently building a site for a client (recruitment company) and from wanting something basic for web presence they are now set on having job listings etc on the site.

They want to have seperate sections for the types of job (IE Admin, Telesales, Temporary...etc...)

I don't really want to get lumbered with updating it everyday and i havent really used much in the way of content management systems apart from the odd one where it just feeds a news page not multiple pages and I was wondering if anyone has used any that they can recommend?

Preferably reasonably priced and can just slip behind an already existing page as they are happy with the design

Cheers in advance
    Mostly Undercontruction...

Use Actinic and give them full control of the pages.

Comment

You could always try Joomla

www.joomla.org

I use it for a lot of my non-e-commerce sites. Needs MySQL.
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

if its a site that also has an ecommerce using actinic the sensible option is to use actinic brochure pages.

if its a site that is simply content without ecommerce then actinic would be a sledgehammer to crack a nut, unless the site has plans to use ecommerce in the future.

but if the site isn't already using actinic why is the poster asking the question in this forum

Comment

I think the LE version is a great CMS tool personally.

Comment

i was just thinking there are loads of opensource content management systems out there

joomla, mambo etc seems daft to pay for actinic which isn't designed to be CMS

Comment

Ive used may of the other CMS systems and am using Actinic more and more for cms these days. The reason? - I find that many clients even though they say that they dont want to do ecommerce find that they do down the line and if they are using actinic then its easy to add that facility. If you use say contribute then you need to convert.

Comment

Yep - Joomla loads of good add ons too
                Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Comment

Working...
                X