You can't help some people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't help some people

I just received this in response to an 'Order Shipped' email.

This is incorrect. <product name> has not yet been delivered to this
    address. Could you please immediately look into this matter and keep me
    informed.

*sigh*

What did you reply?
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
      What did you reply?
      A very polite reply explaining the meaning of the email and providing the tracking information of his parcel showing that it was at his local depot, from which he could infer that it would probably be delivered the next day.

Comment

We've had this too. Some people consider shipping to be the whole process of delivery from beginning to end (ie people ask "do you ship to the US?"), so we tend to use "dispatched" or simply "sent out", and subsequently "delivered" or "received" to avoid any confusion.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

It was to the UK.
          I'd be concerned that many people don't know what 'dispatched' means.

Comment

I agree, and if it was entirely up to me we would use "sent out" all the time

Comment

Long ago, I modified my "order shipped" email to read "on the way" due to many, many people who do not know the difference between "shipped" and "delivered".
              Kirk Pruitt
              Zims Autotechnik
              Bedford, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by acompton View Post
                It was to the UK.
                I'd be concerned that many people don't know what 'dispatched' means.
                Alan - you might want to have a quick word with the person that wrote your Delivery and Returns page.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
                  Alan - you might want to have a quick word with the person that wrote your Delivery and Returns page.....
                  Did you mean this bit?
                  You may return any item within 7 working days of receipt, for a full refund less shipping.
                  This should say that they only have to notify you of the return within 7 days, not actually return it, and also you have to refund the shipping cost and the return shipping cost as I understand it.

Also, apparently, if you haven't informed the customer correctly of their rights then the 7 days begins when you do notify them (or upto 3 months if you don't notify them) so beware!
                  Crazy Dave
                  Ink & Toner Supplies
                  sigpic

Comment

I was being cheeky - I was referring to the fact that "dispatched" or "dispatch" is mentioned three times in the first three lines

Comment

Thanks for the pointers guys.

Comment

not actually return it, and also you have to refund the shipping cost and the return shipping cost as I understand it.
                        ithought you could override the refund for returns if it is a change of mind in your T&C.

Refund postage for faulty goods etc, but not for changed minds

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                          ithought you could override the refund for returns if it is a change of mind in your T&C.

Refund postage for faulty goods etc, but not for changed minds
                          That was my understanding as well.

Comment

For anyone following this, here's the relevant sections from the Business Guide to the DSRs

What specifically do I have to refund to the consumer if they cancel?
                            3.48 The DSRs require you to refund any money paid by or on behalf of
                            the consumer in relation to the contract to the person who made the
                            payment. This means the full price of the goods, or deposit or prepayment
                            made, including the cost of delivery. (their bold face)

Who pays for returning the goods if the consumer cancels an order?
                            3.55 If you want the consumer to return the goods and to pay for that
                            return, you must make it clear in the contract and as part of the
                            required written information. If the consumer
                            then fails to return the goods, or sends them at your expense, you
                            can charge them the direct cost to you of the return, even if you
                            have already refunded the consumer’s money. You are not allowed
                            to make any further charges, such as a restocking charge or an
                            administration charge.

Comment

it may be, but if my customer selects a carrier delivery option i will not refund the delivery charges, these cost me and i do not see why i should refund a special delivery method, maybe the standard delivery charge but not the specials.

and yes i know the DSR says above, thanks Alan but hey let them fight me for it

Comment

Working...
                              X