Multi Tray Laser Printers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that

But i found this last night the samsung ML4050N, reading the specs it should do the trick, just need to confirm the set up for each paper tray (mind you cant find the extra paper trays listed on a actinic site )

more than capable of handling the volume required, and to be honest i have samsung printers here that require zero input from me, they go and go.

perhaps i might buy one of these for now and see how we get on with it

Thanks for you help, i appreciate you looking into this for me and thanks to the rest of you guys for you input - even though jonty has put that nagging doubt into my mind

Comment

A quick word of warning, if your looking at the duty cycle figure quoted by the manufacturer it is not strictly true. The Samsung quotes a duty cycle of 200K pages per month, if you put 200K pages a month through the Samsung I would be surprised if it lasted 6 months. When they quote a duty cycle it tends to refer to a one off monthly run, there is an average monthly duty cycle figure you need and not many manufacturers publish this.
      Kyocera do and for the FS-9130DN they say
      Max. 200,000 pages per month, max. average 55,000 pages per month.
      As you can see there is a big difference between 200K and 55K.

Also you need to look at the other consumables in the machine when printing that kind of volume, if you look in the Samsung user manual you will see:
      To avoid print quality and paper feed problems resulting from worn parts and to maintain your printer in top working condition, the following items will need to be replaced when the specified number of pages have been printed or when the life span of each item has expired.
      Transfer roller Approx.150,000 pages
      Fuser unit Approx.150,000 pages
      Paper feeding roller Approx.150,000 feeds
      Rubber pad Approx.150,000 feeds
      Samsung highly recommends that an authorized service provider, dealer or the retailer where you bought printer performs this maintenance activity.
      Unfortunately these items are very hard to get hold of, we can't get them.

Sorry but I've seen so many people who think an office type printer can cope with production type workloads and end up disappointed.

Peter
      Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

I have it in the back of my mind that Actnic forgets the paper tray setting when it stores printer detail for reports, I can't be sure about this but thought I would mention it so that you could check this before you buy the new printer (assuming you will be printing from Actinic to it).

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan

Nope definately not actinic, still got many years of development before i can replace my current system with it.

D

Comment

Originally posted by printerbase View Post
            A quick word of warning, if your looking at the duty cycle figure quoted by the manufacturer it is not strictly true. The Samsung quotes a duty cycle of 200K pages per month, if you put 200K pages a month through the Samsung I would be surprised if it lasted 6 months. When they quote a duty cycle it tends to refer to a one off monthly run, there is an average monthly duty cycle figure you need and not many manufacturers publish this.
            Kyocera do and for the FS-9130DN they say
            As you can see there is a big difference between 200K and 55K.

Also you need to look at the other consumables in the machine when printing that kind of volume, if you look in the Samsung user manual you will see:

Unfortunately these items are very hard to get hold of, we can't get them.

Sorry but I've seen so many people who think an office type printer can cope with production type workloads and end up disappointed.

Peter
            thanks for your comments, i understand what your saying and have never yet believed a manufacturers claims, its the same as cars and mpg.

Yet samsung printers are disposable items, i dont intend to repair them apart from the usual maintenance, when they are knackered you buy a new one.

But the volumes i am looking at are not as high as people think they are, i dont consider 400 pages per day a high volume, even working on the duty cycles this is 8800 pages per month well within that quoted.

I would never expect a printer to achieve its maximum 100% of the time.

Thank you for taking the time Peter i do appreciate it.

D

Comment

Working...
            X