command line upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

command line upload

Does anyone know if the /u from the command line suppresses the "ftp time out" errors

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

The Actinic Help infers that it is but I've never checked to make sure:
    /u - progress dialog for upload is OKed automatically

Comment

I read that and wondered if it was for only starting the upload procedure and possibly not for time-outs mid-upload as it makes specific reference to "progress dialog"

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        Does anyone know if the /u from the command line suppresses the "ftp time out" errors
        I always thought it didn't which is why the Mole End addon that does, is a good addition. It's about time something like this was standard in Actinic IMO, i think many sites would like the facility to schedule uploading and downloading automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          i think many sites would like the facility to schedule uploading and downloading automatically.
          Aye - I have a massive site that has to be left uploading over night and a pain in the neck when it has been sat 5 hours with a FTP time out.

Can anyone from Actinic confirm what the /u actually supresses - in particular the FTP warning.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
            Aye - I have a massive site that has to be left uploading over night and a pain in the neck when it has been sat 5 hours with a FTP time out.
            I've not had one of these for ages since upping the amount of retries and increasing the time in between tries. Max it out, sleep tight .

Comment

My retries are set to 3000 - never had a problem since.

Comment

The Actnic command line upload doesn't automatically retry when an FTP error occurs, that's why I wrote my addon because someone was complaining about just that.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  The Actnic command line upload doesn't automatically retry when an FTP error occurs
                  Thanks for the confirmation Jan

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                  X