Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email From UPS Do Not Open!

Hi All

A heads up, if you get an email from UPS about a failed delivery asking you to open your invoice that is attached..don't! a friend of mine did the silly thing this morning at his work and it destroyed his pc in seconds.
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Friend of mine did the same on her work machine yesterday!
    Kathy Newman

Comment

Kaspersky users can relax, it gets picked up and you are warned.

Comment

AVG identified the virus as well and quarantines them before they can be opened.

I didn't need any warning though as I received 15 copies of the email at the same time and they went straight into the spam folder.

This happened last week and I did wonder about warning people but assumed there was no point as presumably everybody has some anti-virus software.

Are there still people not using any anti-virus?

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

One Care picks it up too FWIW.

Kevin
          KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

I hav'nt had the email myself, but one of our depot's got them in every mail box this-morning and a friend at another company opened it up...ooops. Have to say most people know what they are and just delete if it finds its way to the inbox, thought i'd post just in case.
            Many Thanks
            Lee
            Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by hobuk View Post
              thought i'd post just in case.
              I agree and a good idea, puts people on alert so they are awake when opening up things.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Nothing wrong in posting it. It's good to warn people and does bring up the subject of making sure Pcs are protected against viruses.

I just checked my spam folder (now that my 1,500 overnight spam emails have been filtered) and there are 22 copies of this email there today. I think that AVG is ignoring them as they're in the spam folder, but have to admit I'm not brave enough to try and open one to see what happens.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                  I'm not brave enough to try and open one to see what happens.
                  Where's Gabe when you need him?

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

i also have received this email I use Norton, i didn't open it as it looked suspicious to me - but my bookeeper did

Comment

The senders address is not even spoofed to ups ... they are basic hotmail etc accounts .... there is no excuses for opening attachments in this day and age with all the general media attention they receive.

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

No excuse

Hi Jonty.
                        Quite agree seeing as it's arrived with us as a HUNGARIAN e-mail address with poor English. Like all the phishing e-mails from "banks" with odd email addresses. How gullible some people are!
                        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

This mornings offering is that there is a parcel waiting at customs office having been sent from France on 9th July! No mention of UPS this time.
                          Kathy Newman

Comment

I got one of those yesterday K
                            and have had several (dozens) of the UPS ones

I guess they're having to think up new and original ways to lure folk into opening their dodgy cr*p (and, clearly, it works!)
                            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                              as presumably everybody has some anti-virus software.

Are there still people not using any anti-virus?
                              Yeah, there is Mike. A long term pal of mine had a problem with her laptop running slow last week and asked if I could help. The jist was, she downloads music via Limewire, and only gets the odd dodgy email (allegedly). She had no AV or spyware protection on her six month old laptop at all. A bit of time running Spybot and AVG threw up hundreds of trojans and a couple of viruses too. I wonder how many she passed on unknowlingly?
                              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
                              X