Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Ever Happened To Manners?

An observation or a personal opinion not sure which, or maybe i'm mistaken

But i feel a lot of people that use this forum seem to have forgotten how to say thank you, a lot of members here seem to be helping as they have always done yet i seem to notice a lot of people accepting this help have forgotton the the simple "Thanks For Your Help"

And i also notice a lack of response in updating their threads letting people know if it worked on not, which would be nice for the person who searches and finds it

Im not saying all before someone jumps on me and as i said maybe im wrong or does this mean im turning into an grumpy old git - possibly

Ah thats better

you're absolutely 100% right...and I've noticed this over the past few weeks too.

We'll be 'grumpy old gits' together
    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
      And i also notice a lack of response in updating their threads letting people know if it worked on not, which would be nice for the person who searches and finds it
      Not particularly bothered about a "thanks" but an update on how it was solved is helpful to everyone .... even the person who has solved it should they need to implement again and have forgotten the exact steps.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hey, I was the first Grumpy old git, you others take your turn
        Tracey GOG2
        Darren GOG3
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Sorry Chris

Comment

I've also noticed a huge increase in people not using the indicators in their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
              Hey, I was the first Grumpy old git, you others take your turn
              Tracey GOG2
              Darren GOG3
              actually..I can think of another one who has even YOU beat, Chris

and anyway..how come I got to be GOG2?

HE started it
              *points to Darren*
              Tracey

Comment

I'd also like to take up my position in the grumpy old git line-up if I may.
                I'm so grumpy it makes me grumpy just listening to myself grumping away like a right old grumper.

As for the original sentiment on this thread, I'm always frankly pathetically grateful for the help I receive on this Forum, but I don't like to make too much of it for fear of causing embarrassment

I'm looking forward to the day when I can add my own useful assistance to the Forum - surely not too far away

Actually Darren, you've reminded me I do have a thread to complete, but I'm damned if I can remember it atm!

So, who's got the bee eh double-ell esses to vote on the grumpiest member of the Forum?
                Kind Regards
                Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

I vote for you Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by party_pete View Post
                    I've also noticed a huge increase in people not using the indicators in their cars.
                    I thought that was just in our area; its been common practice here for a long time. Approaching a roundabout, it is now a complete guess as to where the driver on your right is going.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                      I vote for you Sean.
                      Such flattery <blush>
                      Kind Regards
                      Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

I had the same experience this morning, two lanes approaching the roundabout so she sits in the middle of them both, pulls off and then drives around the outside of the roundabout and takes the same turning as me, not one indicator, wrong bloody lane. How do these people actually get driving licenses? they cant even get the basics of a roundabout.

Comment

Bad drivers

Of course you assume it's their car, and that they have actually passed their driving test? Probably 50% in the area where I live would not be safe with a dinky toy.
                          Anyway-whats's wrong with being grumpy?
                          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                          www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                            ...so she sits in the middle of them both, pulls off and then drives...
                            Wait until Tracey reads that Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                              Wait until Tracey reads that Darren.
                              PAH she dont scare me

Comment

Working...
                              X