credit card theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit card theft

hi, just received a call from my bank, they told me my credit card has suspicious transactions on it. I thought at first it was a scam someone trying to get my account details.
    So i hung up and called my bank myself to check.

My credit card has been used to buy several items of computer equipment over the last 48hrs. Not by me, my bank has said it will refund all transactions in full.
    Good news there.

However i have only had the card since Feb this year and have made only 1 transaction, that with eurostar for a trip to paris.
    I do not use this card for any other purpose and have never used it in a shop, by phone etc.
    My bank can see this on there records, they advised me they have had a number or problems with eurostar and card details.
    Also my bank is owned by HSBC who themselves managed to loose some customers card details a few months back.

I still have the card but now cancelled Any trips on eurostar or with HSBC be extra vigilant!

Of cause the shops who sold the goods will now get a charge back so they are out of luck too. They agreed to ship to a different address to the card holder.

Wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

sorry to here this Wes, but it really makes you wonder if the larger firms and banks are the main cause of this sort of fraud, yet everyone is told to watch the smalle e-tailors, and to be honest these smaller firms mostly use PSP's

Comment

Forget scanning cards, hacking RSA encryption ... simply get a YTS employee on £0.20 per hour to photocopy your details in the local branch.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X