Even Japan Is Getting In On It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even Japan Is Getting In On It

I have started to get regular spam emails and have to be honest i was a little supprised that these are not for the regular countries i associate with this type of email.

Made me chuckle, especially the sipping address

name is john i will like to purchase some
    of your items to my new store in japan i will like to inform you that i
    will be making payment through credit card if
    this is accepted by you please kindly get back to me
    with your website address so as for me to choose the
    item needed by me.

sipping address

8-10 Palazio Himonya Bldg. 1F,
    2-chome Minami, Meguro-ku,
    Tokyo 152-0013, Japan

Yeah I've had some of those too. Usually claiming to be from Singapore but with an Indonesia IP ...
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

hmmm..interesting

I had a request from Japan on Friday and it actually seemed genuine but it does seem something of a coincidence

Good morning.

I was looking thru your shop’s website and found that you have a number of good brands that I am interested on purchasing. I would like to ask if you can accept international orders from Japan in your store.

Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
      Weirdly, I haven't replied yet (and I would usually reply same day) as something didn't seem right about it and now I'm wondering whether it's genuine or not!

I might actually reply now just to find out!
      Tracey

Comment

The reason it look a bit suspect I think is becasue it just says ' you have a number of good brands' not 'I want one of those will you ship it to me'.

Comment

Could be right Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
            The reason it look a bit suspect I think is becasue it just says ' you have a number of good brands'
            You saying I don't?

Originally posted by drounding View Post
            not 'I want one of those will you ship it to me'.
            Yes, and I thought it was slightly odd at the time but had put it down to the translation
            Tracey

Comment

The dividing line for us is whether someone has specified a particular product or whether they say "do you do ship to XYZ and what do you sell?". We have sold quite happily to China and Japan on the former basis, we have ignored the rest.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

LOL yeh
                the 'what do you sell?' emails always crack me up when they've come via the website anyway!
                Hardly convincing as genuine, are they?
                Tracey

Comment

Japan hoax email

I have received an order for 8 cases of our Summer Merlot from Japan today. On googling the address trying to work out if it is genuine I came across the posts here.

He has ordered 8 cases of our Summer Merlot, forwarded a quote from a shipping group Adecco Shipping and wants to charge his credit card. Gave his client Id which I quoted to Adecco Shipping which they identified but this email looks sus too - how do I find out if a hoax or a failure in communication given language difficulties.

How do I check if the address is genuine or not
                  Recipient:
                  Tokyo 152-0013,
                  Japan

His name is John Bill - I know hardly looks japanese but many asians to change their names to more familiar english versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                  Julie
                  Bonking Frog Wines
                  Australia

Comment

Give him a ring. I'm willing to bet he speaks perfect English.

Comment

Originally posted by bonking frog View Post
                      I have received an order for 8 cases of our Summer Merlot from Japan today. On googling the address trying to work out if it is genuine I came across the posts here.

He has ordered 8 cases of our Summer Merlot, forwarded a quote from a shipping group Adecco Shipping and wants to charge his credit card. Gave his client Id which I quoted to Adecco Shipping which they identified but this email looks sus too - how do I find out if a hoax or a failure in communication given language difficulties.

How do I check if the address is genuine or not
                      Recipient:
                      Tokyo 152-0013,
                      Japan

His name is John Bill - I know hardly looks japanese but many asians to change their names to more familiar english versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                      Julie
                      Bonking Frog Wines
                      Australia
                      We refused to deal with a similar enquiry where they specified an unknown shipping compny. Most likely scam is they pay you, bogus shipper picks up goods, once you have paid them of course. Customer now claims non delivery and reclaims payment from Credit Card company who take money back from you. So they get goods, your are down the payment and shipping charges.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                      Custom Packages

Comment

'Bonking Frog' - I just had to look at the website to see the logo! Sadly, I think 'bonking' doesn't have quite the same meaning in Oz.

<homer_simpson_voice>
                        8 cases of Summer Merlot......(drooling noise)
                        </homer_simpson_voice>

Comment

We get these sort of emails all the time - particularly from the Far East, Singapore, Malta etc.
                          We always reply politely that we don't supply to their respective country.
                          Consider the freight of a case of wine to Japan - horrendous, so I can't see it being genuine.
                          Even if it were genuine, we wouldn't take the risk as the odd random sale to the FE isn't going to make any difference to our bottom line.
                          Kind Regards
                          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

You've made the same enquiry under "Shipping". This is definitely a SCAM - see my response there.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

i get those e-mail almost every week.., i just delete them.
                              this one is from africa.

gooday,
                              am intrested in your items. i will like you to e-mail me the item you have in stock. i will ship it to my store in west africa nigeria. i will make the payment via palpal account i wiat for yur good respond.
                              bestregard.
                              fear god.

Comment

Working...
                              X