Actinic's Case Studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic's Case Studies

This is old news - but obviously not as old as Actinic's Case Studies. I was reading over them this morning, with some very aspiring stories. I read about KoiCarp4U - and decided to check the site out. Only to find it a parked domain. That [enter NSFW phrase here] Seb Clark snapped the domain up - so Actinic are happily sitting there promoting this guy - and thus, giving him money from parked domains.

I know the usual answer is "we're create software, we're not website designers" - but come on Actinic, get it together and get these sites updated. Not only is Actinic.co.uk and all other sub-sites of Actinic mostly out of date - even the copyright notices are now out of date.

This thread is in the hope somebody from Actinic Towers does the necessary deed

Thanks for letting us know about Koi Carp - that's news to me, so I think it must be a recent closure, and the information is much appreciated. I have removed them from the case studies list on both sites.

All our case studies are actively maintained, and we do update them whenever we become aware of significant and relevant changes.

Regarding the copyright notice, technically it should reflect the date when the content was created. So on www.free-ecommerce-information.com it is largely correct - that site has mostly not been updated this year. I could have changed the date and re-uploaded all the pages to give an appearance that the content is fresher, but that doesn't seem quite honest, and I've got better and more productive things to do than trying to mislead people.

I have now updated the copyright year for the master template for www.actinic.co.uk, so in future any pages that are changed will have the current year. I should have done that in January, but I overlooked it, so apologies for that. In my defence, TBH it's not been the most important priority on my to do list.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
      Regarding the copyright notice, technically it should reflect the date when the content was created. So on www.free-ecommerce-information.com it is largely correct - that site has mostly not been updated this year.
      FYI the link on the web site under 'Suppliers' -> 'Ecommerce Web Site Design' gets you an error page at Actinic.co.uk http://www.actinic.co.uk/error.htm

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Hi Bruce.

Thanks for the reply on the matter. The only reason I made the point was when you're trying to sell a product (in Actinic's case - its own software) - it doesn't reflect well on an ever-changing market - such as ecommerce/software - when a site selling a product is out of date - even minor things as showing a year-old date - giving the potential customer the feeling that the product is out of date, too.

Cheers,
        Grant

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
          doesn't reflect well on an ever-changing market
          The case studies should ideally be done on a monthly basis (with an archive) as ideas, trends and new ways to implement Actinic change very rapidly.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X