Anyone uninstalled AVG from XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone uninstalled AVG from XP

Has anyone tried removing AVG from a XP computer, We tried the uninstall but had a problem with it
    Chris Ashdown

Chris i use http://www.ccleaner.com/ these days

Also helps to keep the pc tidier than windows manages

Comment

Most Anti-Virus programs require you to use the 'correct' un-install routine and I expect AVG is the same.

How did you try to do it Chris? Also why - AVG seems to be one of the best free programs around. We've installed it on dozens of computers and nobody has come back with a problem unlike *orton.
      David
      parterredesign.co.uk

Comment

Hi

We used the AVG uninstall but did not fully remove all items

Just changing to Kaspersky for all computers after AVG expired and wanted same AV on all computers
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks Darren

Handy little software, but had to manually find avg entry in reg and remove befor new software would load

Why or why do these programmers leave entries around your computer when you uninstall
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Easy answer - they all do it so the computer illiterate would think 'Oh my god, its gonna blow'...and run for cover, back into the arms of the software manufacturer, like AVG.

I always use ccleaner - try it on an unmaintained XP machine which has been used every day for 5 years with no cleaning done at all - I did last week and recovered half a hard drive

Comment

Working...
            X