Thread about SAYU - deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread about SAYU - deleted

If anyone is wondering why a thread about Sayu has been deleted from the 'Ecommerce Business Issues' forum, it looks like some disgruntled ex-employees were involved in posting and there have been some sternly worded legal sounding emails sent our way, so I always reckon it's best just to remove threads like that rather than try and unpick them. Hope that's cool.

*zips own mouth shut like SEO gimp*

Comment

It seems a bit harsh for the members who contributed to the thread. Why not just delete the posts they could show were from ex-employees or whatever their complaint was?

Anyway, here are the relevant posts from Steveaich:

5th March 2007

I am having a 30day free trial with them at the moment, TBH, once it is over I won't be asking them to continue, pretty rubbish so far!
      9th March 2007

Well after the 30day trial I would say avoid this company.

The work they did was pretty poor, and something that I could have done myself if only I could find the time.

So far the stats I have seen have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Despite asking twice they have failed to return our adwords account back to its orginal state, so I will now have to spend a couple of hours undoing their changes, and re implementing our trackin and conversion data which works.
      Hope that's cool.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I dont think thats in the spirit of the forum Mike, Actinic can be held responsible for any postings on their sites, and whilst I started the thread it had really already past its prime so why buck the system
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

As the good old saying goes,

What's said in your own back yard reflects on your own front door.

Regardless what's said - and by whom - Actinic shouldn't be held liable for what's said on here - but as they legally are, the only thing they've got to control this place from having anything said on here that could raise legal issues is that big 'Suspend Forum' button in vBulletin admin area. Nobody can monitor and moderate the internet 24/7.

Comment

I dont think thats in the spirit of the forum Mike
            I think it's entirely appropriate (and only proper) that genuine users experience of a service is available to users of the forum and other people who might be looking for such opinions.

The thread did get hi-jacked by a couple of non-actinic users who were clearly disgruntled about something and were pretty nasty in their postings. I have no problems with those posts being deleted but don't see why the whole thread was. It looks to me like a knee jerk reaction from Chris and I for one would rather it didn't happen again. Far better just to delete the stuff that isn't appropriate.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

It all boils down to the fact that I'm not just a number, I'm a free man.

*runs away from giant white ball*

Comment

I agree with Mike's last comment. (and yours too Gabe......). I thought it was a shame that I had to delete the Fastway thread which contained a lot of useful and genuine comment, but had clearly been hijacked by a number of competitors' rants on their first (and probably last) post. These were clearly not genuine and could have been moderated easily. Let's hope that the resources that are not being applied to moderation are being applied to V9.03

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                X