Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service required: electronics, timers and counters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service required: electronics, timers and counters.

A bit of an odd request, but i'm sure someone has these skills here.

What i'm looking for, is a set of devices that mimic the features of some computer games.

I need:
    - A tamper proof wearable counter that increments / decrements
    - A button you need to hold for a set time, to activate a light.
    - A box with a 'key' that you need to insert for a set time, to activate a light.

This is for a set of games at http://www.warzonearena.co.uk/

We want it to be very close to a first person shooter game. These gadgets are required fro some of the game mechanics, like capture the flag, VIP, capture the points, etc.

If anyone has any light they'd like to shed on how i'm going to make/get/invent/buy these gadgets, then i'd be eternally grateful.

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post
    I need:
    - A tamper proof wearable counter that increments / decrements
    - A button you need to hold for a set time, to activate a light.
    - A box with a 'key' that you need to insert for a set time, to activate a light.
    The second pair are basically the same item, i.e. an electronic timer linked to a switch, the switch operation is either a key or just a button. What is the timing range you are looking for 5secs, 30 secs etc, also what repeatability are you looking for. For example if you are using one for each player then you will need accurate repeatability between units otherwise one player has an advantage.

For the counter what actually causes it to increment/decrement.

finally what sort of quantities.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Go wireless if you can. That way it can be monitored remotely and everyone / someone can see the status of all devices at once.

While on holiday my son had a go on a segway machine. The guy running it had some kind of remote timer that could turn them on / off and set the time and top speed of each segway. The one device countrolled all 6 machines which I thought was quite clever.

There might be something on the market made spcifically for this kind of thing.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
        The one device countrolled all 6 machines which I thought was quite clever.
        For that you could use a PIC, they have multiple timers counters etc and these days are very sophisticated, all depends on the numbers required and the budget.

EDIT
        Just come across an interesting product that is a PIC device complete with Bluetooth so you could monitor all the remote devices via a Bluetooth link on a PC

http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/acatalo...th_Module.html

Yes it's another actinic store

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
        X