Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a developer

Hi guys,

I'm a freelance web developer, and I've taken on a contract with a small firm who run Actinic v6. They are adamant they they do not want to change from this platform, upgrade or otherwise. I've designed the site they want, but cannot fathom how to implement it in Actinic. I have all the HTML and CSS for styling all the required pages, but I need someone who knows how to merge the two together.

If you're interested, could you email me a quote to invert01@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Aaron

To be honest Aaron, I can't see anybody picking this up.
    If your client won't upgrade, your could be buying into a whole raft of issues, most of which you could end up carrying the can for.

It's your reputation at stake to built a quality website and I'd want a commitment to a sensible budget that would include an appropriate licence.

If they can't afford an upgrade, I'd be moving on.

Comment

I agree with Roger as 'merging' (as you call it) pre v8 sites is not for the faint hearted and quite frankly it would very likely be cheaper to upgrade. If they are skimping on the software cost they will likely do the same on the design and coding. I would expect there's too much risk and effort for it to be worthwhile.

Comment

Mind i have had a long chat with one of my suppliers lately and been helping them out, A designer has just completely redone their site in V7, why i asked. Because thats what they use was the reply.

Needless to say they are using a v9 trial and are going to purchase the business edition. Having helped them out with various problems encoutered after upgrade i have become a very important customer Nothing is too much trouble at the moment.

And to be honest it actually upgraded pretty well considering there was a lot of customisation to the layouts.

V6 i would have never agreed to the redesign in the 1st place, there will be no actinic support for the product either, all for the sake of a few hundred quid. Next they will be asking for it to be designed for 640 res and ie5

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
          ...Next they will be asking for it to be designed for 640 res and ie5
          Who says they don't?

Comment

PMSL im getting strange looks here, chuckling to myself

Comment

Aaron

from a non developers point of view, if we were to redesign our sites now (which it needs anyway) we would on v8 (NOT V9)

i think its a more stable system than v8 and from what i have seen upgrade to v9 supposed to be quite smooth

Comment

Aaron - have you shown them (maybe a trial version of V8) that, from the day to day user's point of view, the interface (orders etc) is very similar. Perhaps they are worried that it will be very different?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                X