Google Chrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Chrome?

Anyone tried the new Google Chrome (beta) browser yet? Seems to work well with Actinic, at least on my site. Also "seems" faster than the IE7, FF3 and whatever version of Safari for Windows I have on my machine here at work.

It was a little bit clunky at first, but once I got the hang of things it is easy enough to use.
    Kirk Pruitt
    Zims Autotechnik
    Bedford, Texas

I was just reading about that actually and was about to wander off to find it!
    Keep us posted how you get on with it..I'll report back if and when I've abused it for a bit!
    Tracey

Comment

Seems very interesting. Multiple processes will certainly make browser crashes a lot less likely.
      Be interesting to see what the open source browser community do with this model.
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I've just been having a play with Chrome and so far impressed. it seems very fast. Even faster than FF3 which was a lot quicker than either IE7 of FF2.

The layout is typically simple and similarities with FF3 are very strong.

Perhaps we have a new contender for the number two browser.

Comment

Well that was quick to install, i had to chuckle at the "Go Incognito" Im guess thats for people that dont want to get caught with stuff in there browser history

Need some extra developer tools though, but it is definately quicker, but as for a FF contender, not yet, maybe with some plugins. It seems to render pages the same as FF which is always a good thing

Comment

Impressively quick and amazingly does not appear to have killed any of my sites

Another browser to add to the list when testing

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The SSL information is a bit clearer - big green ticks, less confusing for a shopper if they decide to look at it.

Missing my menu bar though

Comment

I've just tried it with a few of my trickier add-ons and it's working fine.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                  I've just tried it with a few of my trickier add-ons and it's working fine.
                  Norman you have trickier addons - surely not (most of your addons are woosh moments for me anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post

Another browser to add to the list when testing
                    That was my first thought and one of the main reasons for installing it (that and being too nosey to resist, anyway)

I agree with the speed comments..it loads a large page very quickly with multiple images etc... (I tested it on some of my longer multi-product pages).. not had much time to play around really but I suspect that it could catch on fairly quickly..being as it's from the 'almighty' Google...
                    Tracey

Comment

I see that the Inspect Element (right click menu) is very close to Firebug. Unfortunately though I can't see a way to change the styles on the fly.

The Developer options also look good.

Comment

From chrome
                        Official Build 1583
                        Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.27 Safari/525.13
                        Its based heavily on apples webkit:
                        http://webkit.org/

so, it its going to work in safari, then you'll be fine in Google Chrome. There are also elements of Mozilla in there.

read here:
                        http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technolo...le_chrome.html

and here:
                        http://ejohn.org/blog/google-chrome-process-manager/

for some interesting views and tech on the new browser.

Comment

very fast browser - looking forward to plugins!
                          Web design Bradford

Comment

the only feature i'm really interested in, other than the 'per tab memory usage' is the ability to 'create a desktop icon' for any webpage, so that you can double click on it.

the application can then be launched without any toolbars, in a 'chromeless' (hehe) window.

This is great for Actinet.

edit:
                            nah, forget it, ie has hta, and firefox has xul.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post

edit:
                              nah, forget it, ie has hta, and firefox has xul.
                              I was with you up until that point!
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X