Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Actinic 9 hide metatags?

Hello,

I have a question, I typed all my meta keywords & meta descriptions in Actinic, uploaded the site & noticed that they only display in the source code of the product sections, not on the brochure pages.

I've been told that Actinic hides the metatags on the source code to prevent theft, but that Google bot & other spiders can actually retrieve this information. Is this true? Or is it just the case of something not working?

My site is http://www.10thway.co.uk/, to understand what I mean, please view the source from any page from the departments menu, & then try & view the source from any of the brochure pages on the information menu.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.

Originally posted by 10thWay View Post
    I've been told that Actinic hides the metatags on the source code to prevent theft
    Please, please, please name and shame whoever it was that told you this... that is an appalling bit of advice you have been given

The metatags need to show on each page. If they are missing they have not been implemented into the outer layout (assuming you have populated the fields in Actinic against the brochure pages)

In the library navigate to the outer layout (bottom of the list) and double click on a brochure layout you are not using (eg one that you know has not been changed) ... copy the block of metatag info from the top of the page ... open the brochure layout you are using and paste the code into the same position (it will be between <head> .... </head>

Not able to post the exact code as uploading but that will add the metatags back into the brochure pages for you.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jont,

I'm new to Actinic, hence the stupid question:

Where do I find the outer layout? I went design>>library but the last on the list there is called Year List. There is a meta tags entry here though (see attached) would I need to edit here?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Matt.
      Attached Files

Comment

as Jong says what you have been told is complete rubbish. It's obvious that you have had your template designed for you and they have ommited the correct code. I would go back to them and tell them to do the job again rather than trying to fix it yourself

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
          as Jong says
          That's my cousin from Korea!

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by 10thWay View Post
            the last on the list there is called Year List
            Rather a literal take on "bottom of list" ... if you scroll back up you will see a section called "Web Page Outer Layout"

Don't touch the MetaTag variable as this is what is adding the code into the layouts.

If you have paid someone to design your site you should really take it back to them if you are unsure on what you are doing. Remember to take a back-up prior to editing any of the outer layouts.

Bikster

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys!

Comment

Hi there,

If you are talking about Actinic not showing the brochure meta tags, then this is a bug, I have posted a workaround, see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37273 thread

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                X