problems with home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with home page

I have a really odd problem with my homepage (www.puddlepetcare.co.uk) in that none of the images are showing. If i right click on an image and look at the properites they are correct, if I copy and paste the url from properties into the address bar - the image shows - when I then go back to home page that image then appears as it should.

Does anyone have any vauge idea why this might be happening?

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

http://www.puddlepetcare.co.uk/logo_small.gf

should be:

http://www.puddlepetcare.co.uk/logo_small.gif

?

apart from that, yes, you're right, wierd error. probably server related?

Comment

I was going to suggest maybe it's a hosting problem. Definitely weird.
      If you view a different page (Meet the team, for example) it loads correctly, then going back to the homepage, it loads up the header image and picture of Kirrie (which are both on the Meet the Team page)...however, refreshing the page makes them vanish again.
      Def weird.
      Have you got a test domain, with a different host, you can upload to to try it?
      Tracey

Comment

this kind of behaviour also manifests itself, if images are saved with the wrong file extension.

For example, a browser can render a jpg, if you put gif on the end of it, but not in a page, only on its own.

i'v firebugged your page, and stripped out all css and scripts, and well, its not that.

Leaving only a cache/hosting/paths type problem.

if its nothing you changed then how about the host? did they change anything?

Comment

It may be the collapso menu stopping the page loading - you have lots of sections and I remember trying to use it on a large shop and having issues with it - I think norm also warns about using on shops with lots of sections

Comment

just uploading to some space I have with another hosting company to see what happens...........................

K
            Kathy Newman

Comment

It looked ok for me for a while then it went again

Comment

Not sure the collapso should cause a problem.
                I have far more sections/subsections in both my sites that use Collapso and it's never given me any problems
                Tracey

Comment

Thanks Mal - pretty sure it's not collapso as this page has worked perfectly until couple of days ago.
                  Kathy Newman

Comment

Must be a hosting issue then -

Comment

Did you find out what was causing the problem?
                      Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
                      www.thedancersshop.co.uk
                      www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

Sorry meant to come back on this one (but got busy with another problem!)

It was a problem with the .htaccess file -not sure what the issue was but as soon as I removed it the site was fine again.

It's on the the list of things to sort out this weekend!

Kathy
                        Kathy Newman

Comment

Working...
                        X