Which Phone - Yes, Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Phone - Yes, Again...

I'm looking to replace my N73 phone with another phone as the contract's now expired.

So I know it's been asked before but I'm trying to decide what to go for.

I would prefer (maybe wrongly?) to stay on Vodafone due the better coverage and roaming.

So far I'm looking at the N96, but I understand that there maybe issues with the firmware of this phone. In fact my current supplier is trying to persuade me to go for the N95 8Gb version instead and says it's a better phone.

I like the iPhone but that would mean changing to O2, I also see that the deals don't include calls to other mobiles.

I don't need push email, pop abililty is fine, I want unlimited internet access on 3G HSDPA, it must also synchronise well with Outlook.

Help....

I have heard good things about the new blackberry storm (blackberries alternative to the iphone). unique to vodafone.

Regards

Nigel
    Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Got myself the new Blackberry Bold 9000 a couple of weeks ago. Think it does just about everything a phone could possibly do, though not sure about the "3G HSDPA" part - I do have unlimited 'internet', though. Seems a great value 'phone' - better than the iPhone IMO

Comment

iPhone is still the answer from us, even more so now the third party apps are available (many free) and we are on the 3G GPS version. Unlimited access to internet (and email) via 3G. Syncs with Outlook (especially if you are using an exchange account, which is excellent). O2 coverage is better here (but then again, you're there.....). Each of our packages at £35 per month gives 600 free minutes including other mobiles of all flavours - I would recheck this.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

re iPhone to mobiles

http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphoneindex

Duncan - look down towards the bottom of the page - "inclusive minutes".

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

HTC Touch Pro from Vodafone - can't fault it (even if I can't find the promised FM radio!)
            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

I had the N73, changed to N82.

Its excellent, and everything I need in a mobile phone.

Reviews of mobiles here...

Mobile-Review

Mobile-Phones-UK

and finally...

GSM-Arena

Hope that helps.

(Anything you need to know about the N82 just email me, I'll answer if I can)
              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Can the iPhone connect to POP mail accounts?

Comment

Duncan

Tracey has been having issues with her new iphone today, seems it needs to be sent back.

Comment

From personal experience stay away from the N95, mine has just run out of contract and I couldn't give it to my lad quick enough, battery life is awful, the only way to improve it was to disable all the functions I actually got it for
                    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                      Can the iPhone connect to POP mail accounts?
                      Yes it can!
                      Cheers

David
                      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Iphone for me - I also have a couple of Blackberry Pearls which i use when abroad so I looked at the Storm the other day in Manchester and was NOT impressed at all with it. NO WiFi !!! and a really horrible screen

Comment

I have a Blackberry Bold on Vodafone - excellent all round imo. Still have an N95 as well and don't have any issues with it. It's the older model and has resisted all my attempts to break it.
                          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

i played with the storm at the trafford centre and it was awful

horrid keyboard to use

not sure what im after yet, i have E65 just now does all i need

the E71 has small keys

the HTC is stylus only i think mmmm
                            Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                            Current project:
                            cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                            cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                            Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

OK, despite the problem I currently have with my iphone, I'd still recommend it 100 times over. That said, Duncan wants to stay on Vodafone so that's out?

The Storm is, once you get used to it, a nice piece of kit. Hubby has had one for a couple of weeks now (he had a Curve prior to getting it) and he likes it. Not as much as the iPhone but, as we don't get an O2 signal where we live (doesn't bother me but he NEEDS his mobile as he uses it all the time) he couldn't get one.
                              The Storm is good, tbh. IME, the email is better on a Blackberry than the iPhone too

He did have a Sony Ericsson Xperia/X1 briefly. Horrid thing. He sold it almost straight on again.

Can't comment on the Nokias though
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X