Online Purchase Triggers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Purchase Triggers.

What was the trigger that made you complete your last online purchase?

Mine was AVAILABILITY and it was for an old edition of Emma for my wife.

What's was yours?

Online clothes store was shutting down and had a lot of remaining stock. A community news site advertised a 20% discount voucher code - so I got a further 20% off an already crazily low price, so probably a mix between very low pricing and getting a further 20% off

Comment

Oooh Grant do you have any discount codes for designers called Lee who need a new terrapin tank on an oak stand? Possibly a corner tank.

Comment

Busiest online shopping weeked of the year and I'm working 15 hours a day. In the middle of Sunday morning, my mother phones to ask "Can you get me xxx online?". Google search and the No. 1 natural result had the goods. Unfortunately the checkout process behaved oddly, so I had to send them an email to see if I'd placed an order or not.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          Oooh Grant do you have any discount codes for designers called Lee who need a new terrapin tank on an oak stand? Possibly a corner tank.
          Aye, I suppose we probably do. Fire across an e-mail with your expectations if you wish

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Your discount code is "TiGhT-GiT"
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

LOL Chris, the original stove sitter speaking?

Comment

My last online purchase was some replacement badminton grips which I bought on ebay.

I bought them because I needed them (the original ones were falling to bits).

My main reason for choosing one buyer over anyone else:

- They had the ones I wanted.
                = They're price was as good as anybodys
                - They had good feedback.
                - They were selling a pack of 5 which is how many I wanted.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

This morning I bought a bunch of organza bags for the business from an eBay seller we last used two years ago. I searched for his user name and sure enough he was still in business. Good price, good product, perfect for dressing up the little lavender pillows we sell. The trigger - I don't want to run out before Christmas.
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Last three purchases.

eBay - xbox game (new). from a shop type seller, £33 inc postage. Cheapest I could find.

Amazon - Doc Martens (!). Had the colour and size we needed. £27 cheaper than anywhere else online. Ordered Thurs, delivered (free) today.

ents24.com - Tickets for some minor gig.

All purchases were required before I went online. No `extras` purchased either. Just bang, buy whats needed and get outta there.
                    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Interesting results from this small sample, thank you everyone.
                      It seems price and availability are neck and neck so making sure the landing page shows these two things in clear view above the fold is key to engaging the visitor.

Interesting also that 'availability' at one company was enough to keep their customer even though the site had a 'dodgy checkout'. Imagine how many it must actually lose because of this issue.

Comment

must admit most of my xmas shopping has bee nwith amazon this year, due to free postage - this means i've been able to make multiple purchases rather than my one traditional order over £30 to get free postage

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                          must admit most of my xmas shopping has bee nwith amazon this year, due to free postage - this means i've been able to make multiple purchases rather than my one traditional order over £30 to get free postage
                          I have Prime membership of Amazon (is that what you have?). It gives me next day free delivery on anything I order, no matter the cost (not affiliates). Its £49 for the year, but I use Amazon a lot and last year I saved over £250 in postage alone! I even bought my lawnmower from them.
                          KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

Originally posted by bamboo View Post
                            Interesting also that 'availability' at one company was enough to keep their customer even though the site had a 'dodgy checkout'.
                            I think the problem was temporary. They were surprised when I emailed tham about the problem and suggested I have another go. Second attempt was fine. Overall, the site had the right look and feel to give confidence. The Google search result was spot on which said something about them.

Comment

hmmmm wii music from play.com cheapest and free delivery, main reason for buying, xmas present for a 7 year old - buy it at all costs

some ebay stuff but they were required items for the wifes business, and the cheapest, mind it has still not turned up

Comment

Working...
                              X