Windows MS new advert on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows MS new advert on TV

Does anyone know what the hell this PC advert is about apart from a mega rich nerd wasting a hell of a lot of dosh?

Please Gab tell me in laymans terms what i am missing

Might be last post before Crimbo so best wishes and have a great time and same for new year

sillyoldgitfromnorfolk.co.uk
    Chris Ashdown

Ah yes. You mean the "I'm a PC.." advert? Haven't a clue.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Your not alone Chris, its completely s**t, makes you wonder why theres this increase in MS tv advertising?

Comment

I take it you won't be buying the T-shirt then..........

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sof...HE_MISDEMEANOR

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

This may surprise a few of you, but I quite like the "I'm a PC" ads. Have you noticed the subtle move away from 'Vista' to 'Windows' branding? I also liked the Jerry Seinfeld / Bill G ads, but I have an odd sense of humor.

A friend in NYC tells me Microsoft set up "I'm a PC" photo booths outside the major Apple stores. The idea being you can take a photo of yourself and it overlays a pic of the cool PC users in the ads... odd.
          Benjamin Dyer
          CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

do you even OWN a piece of Microsoft technology, Ben?
            I thought you were "Apple Man"!!
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
              Have you noticed the subtle move away from 'Vista' to 'Windows' branding? I also liked the Jerry Seinfeld / Bill G ads, but I have an odd sense of humor.
              and that the end date for XP keeps moving.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

I didn't understand the point of the MS adverts either, they didn't really seem to be marketing anything at all...

On the other hand, the new Apple iPod Nano advert - Apple seem to be marketing the colours of paint, not the actual design or features specific to the product.

What's that all about? Pfft.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                  Cutting remark Tracey
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                    Lol, no, I am a 'swapper' I currently love Apple products predominantly because of the failings of Vista and I originally come from a Unix background, so I know OSX. If MS come out with a killer OS (7 is not shaping up that way) then I'll consider a move back, but I am currently falling in love with lightweight linux distros. Yes, I am that fickle.

However, I am amazed at the performance of VMFusion running XP and Actinic on my MacBook, its brilliant.

About this time last year my entire house was powered by MS, from the TV to the home automation system. Its all been replaced with much more interesting tech! However, I still have two 1U servers in my garage running Windows server.
                    Benjamin Dyer
                    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                      Lol, no, I am a 'swapper' I currently love Apple products predominantly because of the failings of Vista and I originally come from a Unix background, so I know OSX. If MS come out with a killer OS (7 is not shaping up that way) then I'll consider a move back, but I am currently falling in love with lightweight linux distros. Yes, I am that fickle.

However, I am amazed at the performance of VMFusion running XP and Actinic on my MacBook, its brilliant.

About this time last year my entire house was powered by MS, from the TV to the home automation system. Its all been replaced with much more interesting tech! However, I still have two 1U servers in my garage running Windows server.
                      It's creepy how this sounds like me. Ben get out of my brain.

edit: apart from the servers, mine are xboxes, running xebian

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post

OMG
                        that is just wrong!
                        Tracey

Comment

Phew. Glad that's sorted. The idea that there might be two Gabe's in the universe is strangely unsettling.

On the MS ads. I always think that when a company selling real stuff moves to image/lifestyle branding that it's often a sign of it running out of steam. When it can no longer articulate the value proposition then it's usually past its peak.

OK. Apple is one of the few companies that can do it (and even they had a hard time a few years ago), but Microsoft as 'cool'? Completely incongruent and way off target.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

There was a bit of mickey-taking of MS in the States that its all just too corporate and Apple is for real designers etc.
                            I think they are trying to get the point across that Windows is for everyone.
                            Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
                            www.thedancersshop.co.uk
                            www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

There was a bit of mickey-taking of MS in the States that its all just too corporate and Apple is for real designers etc.
                              I think they are trying to get the point across that Windows is for everyone.
                              <<<<< Googles the term "mickey-taking" before responding...

Exactly. I like the "I'm a PC" ads. They take head on the stereotype of "If you use a PC, you are a corporate drone, toiling for The Man."

Still, my 12 yo daughter wants a MacBook that costs ~ $1,400.00. She can't tell me why its better than the comparably equipped laptops available for half that, only that it is better for what she wants to do. She likes to make movies and thinks Macs are better for that even though she has never used one. She is slowly but surely saving her money, so we'll see how bad she really wants it.

The Seinfeld/Bill Gates ads...I don't understand.
                              Kirk Pruitt
                              Zims Autotechnik
                              Bedford, Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X