Ebid & PPPay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebid & PPPay

obviously have to much time on my hands as i have been sorting stuff and clearing up like you do when i came across Ebid.

I signed up a couple of years ago and never followed it up. Having gone back and taken another look i thought i would list a product and see how easy it was. Listings are all free and its 3% commission so i thought why not.

Has anyone tired or does anyone still use Ebid and their payment method PPPay.com

I did notice you can use Google checkout and paypal plus other options in your listings. Interesting they do have offer pppay intergration with shopping carts, but you need to do this yourself, so could be done with actinic.

If im honest i did think this would have disappeared a while ago but they are still going so im guessing it is used alot, they currently have over 2 million auctoins running.

Interesting is the account options, seller + would probably be the one to go for, it has a one off life time fee of £49.99, just a case of testing it and making it work before signing up for the extra features.

I signed up sevreal months ago and paid for the lifetime seller+ account due to their low fees in comparison to eBay, but have not had time to list many items.
    I have had one item listed for 2 months without a sale, but that may be as I have not signed up for the additional payment services such as PPPay or Google Checkout and only offer Paypal.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I can't comment from a selling point of view, but as a buyer scammed by one of their sellers I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole again. They completely failed to respond to my e-mails and basically gave the impression that they don't care about what happens on their site. This may also be true of other auction sites, but I've no first hand experience there. Good luck.
      Ben
      http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

well i shall see how it runs, they run a forum and i noticed someone else had problems with a seller, and as soon as they contacted support the seller got suspended, but what was interesting the buyer brought using a maestro card and when they contacted google checkout (there method of payment) the seller had been suspended with them but they had to claim the money back via their bank, Google did not want to know about it.

I guess its like all things bank/card related, they all pass the buck

Comment

Just a quick update

So far zero sales, but then i had no real competition so after a while i guess people dont look there, perhaps things might improve well one day someone might stumble across it.

Anyway i have noticed that my items are appearing under google base aswell. Now i have decided to use this more as a tool to help promote my products, if i dont get any sales or the one of two then nothing losted. But getting you items promoted is always a good thing.

Comment

Not somewhere I've ever looked when after something myself. Apart from getting regular emails from them its a kind of 'site you ever see or hear about.

I'd say getting £50 off sellers is a result for them though.

*looks for calculator*

Maybe they count on people signing up, paying the fifty notes (as its lowish and lifetime), and then the sellers also build up the site for 'em. Clever innit.
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

George for £50 life time seems there are worse ways to spend your money, if you never sell anything i guess its a waste but i decided to look on the exposure side.

I probably waste more on adwords

Comment

No harm in spreading your wings on the interweb though. Especially if you can set the listings to point folks towards your site(s). (even watermarks on images if direct links are a no no).
                Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
                X