Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safebuy

Renewal time again.

Worth having.... or £95 plus vat that could be better spent?

I'm having a serious look at every cost (electric, phone bills, broadband access, etc etc) this year, so I guess this has come in at a good time.

I do think that small businesses will feel the pinch this year so maybe I'm not the only one thats thinking this way.

I'm sure the recent reductions in car fuel costs have saved companies a lot of money but why stop there.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

To be honest G, im wondering myself, im not sure any of these are worth the money but its one of those things. You dont really know

Comment

FWIW - I didnt renew with Safebuy

Just not convinced that consumers take a great deal of notice. Especially as i've never seen Safebuy advertised anywhere to create any sort of consumer awareness.

Comment

Originally posted by party_pete View Post
        Especially as i've never seen Safebuy advertised anywhere to create any sort of consumer awareness.
        Yes, thats something I've noticed too, theres nothing for customers to `relate` to is there?

There was that other one that was much more expensive but so well known I've even forgotten what it was called.
        Football Heaven

Comment

Good Question.

The good thing about safebuy was that they were promising OFT approval with some kind of logo to go with it, which would be worth having. All they seem to have so far is:

The SafeBuy code of practice has completed Stage One of the OFT's two-stage process towards approval. As part of this process the OFT has agreed the text of the SafeBuy code.
          Now might be a good time to contact them and ask where they are on this. I can't think of any progress in the last two years.

If they waffle I'd say ditch them. There are a lot of these schemes around, many of which are worthless, and I doubt if the consumer has much idea of which ones are good and which ones not. Probably old hat now that people are used to buying online and there are lots of other ways of giving customer confidence.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I also didn't renew with Safebuy the last time it came due, about 2 months ago. I don't think these logos are as important as they used to be.

Comment

Ok im going to keep my money and spend it on something for myself

Comment

hmmm notice something http://www.safebuy.org.uk/partners.html

Comment

I've already got a couple of similar 'freebies', wetrust and shopsafe(had for 5+ years) that can be seen right at the bottom of the homepage. I do probably need to move these higher up the page for them to have greater exposure but never bothered, as never really seen their worth.

Comment

i did like this though

Quotes of the month:

"Having achieved the SafeBuy accreditation, we have seen an increase in trust and confidence from thousands of new customers at our web site. Being with Safebuy.org.uk is one of the best ways to show customer commitment and online security."
                    Ash Ali, Marketing Director

Comment

Thats Chemicals bro Daz.
                      Football Heaven

Comment

Oh bugger looks like it has already been renewed, interesting there is no cancellation link on the site. Will check to see if it has been

Comment

I emailed and cancelled my subscription. Credit to them that it was cancelled no problems but the reply to the email confirming it was cancelled was a bit offhanded which confirmed to me that my decision was correct.

Comment

Interesting how Google excludes the link that safebuy give you, I have searched a few sites that display the logo and none show on a back link search, does thiis mean G does'nt feel they are worthy?
                            Many Thanks
                            Lee
                            Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Comment

Never bothered myself, if it was run say by which magazine I might consider, but who the hell are Safebuy and what does it mean to me Nothing
                              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                              X