Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Accounts Software

Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations for a software package to deal with personal accounts. I thought I had found something reasonably good (bank tree) but it doesn't quite do what I need it to.

I need to have multiple bank accounts, lots of categories - preferably with sub categories, the ability to split transactions between various categories and reports that show activity by transaction regardless of which account it has been paid from (eg want report which will show all petrol transactions regardless of whether they were paid by cash, switch or credit card)

I have looked at Microsoft Money but there is no UK version, also looked at Visual Accounts which is very limiting on naming categories

So anyone got any suggestions?

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

I use Quicken, FWIW
    I've always found it to be pretty versatile, tbh, but I'm sure there are others with more experience
    Tracey

Comment

Have you looked at Microsoft Accounting Express (free version):
      http://www.msofficeaccounting.co.uk/express.aspx

Comment

Completely OT to your Q, but I took a quick look at your bargain site, IHO it needs a visible site map, when i see a site like this, i want to see the full range of what you have ie tempt me into buying something i don't necessarily need or want but get me to buy something because i like the price. Just in the same way i go into a pound shop, i rarely go into a pound shop with a shopping list, i walk round it and pick up stuff i am attracted to pay a pound for.

can't help with the accounts Q

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
          Completely OT to your Q, but I took a quick look at your bargain site, IHO it needs a visible site map, when i see a site like this, i want to see the full range of what you have ie tempt me into buying something i don't necessarily need or want but get me to buy something because i like the price. Just in the same way i go into a pound shop, i rarely go into a pound shop with a shopping list, i walk round it and pick up stuff i am attracted to pay a pound for.

can't help with the accounts Q
          Thanks Jo - it's on the list of things to do on that site - it's still a "work in progress" and must get back to "progressing it!"
          Kathy Newman

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
            I use Quicken, FWIW
            I've always found it to be pretty versatile, tbh, but I'm sure there are others with more experience
            Thanks T - decided against this as read that they have stopped developement on Quicken products for the UK market - so thought best not to start with a product thats not going to be developed or maybe supported!
            Kathy Newman

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
              Have you looked at Microsoft Accounting Express (free version):
              http://www.msofficeaccounting.co.uk/express.aspx
              Thanks Duncan - hadn't seen that one - downloading now to have a look.
              Kathy Newman

Comment

How about using a business software as often more easily adaptable to you needs regarding different categories - http://www.kashflow.co.uk/ - be wonderful if this would integrate with Actinic.

Comment

Originally posted by party_pete View Post
                  How about using a business software as often more easily adaptable to you needs regarding different categories - http://www.kashflow.co.uk/ - be wonderful if this would integrate with Actinic.
                  Have thought about that - but generally the business software just has too much and often a price tag to match!

Beginning to think I'm not going to find what I need and will have to compromise (not something want to do!)
                  Kathy Newman

Comment

I think £192 per annum is superb value from Kashflow, compared to others available

Comment

Originally posted by party_pete View Post
                      I think £192 per annum is superb value from Kashflow, compared to others available
                      Certainly agree for a business piece of software - just think bit much for personal when there are huge chunks of it like vat and stock control which would never get used!

Still hunting.........
                      Kathy Newman

Comment

try AceMoney here http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/ . It does everything you asked for I think, I use it for my personal accounting and have no issues at all
                        The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Originally posted by meden View Post
                          try AceMoney here http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/ . It does everything you asked for I think, I use it for my personal accounting and have no issues at all
                          Thanks for that Mick - just downloaded trial version and on first look seems like it will do everything I want.

Now to see if I can import all the data from the old system as really don't fancy having to re-key it all!
                          Kathy Newman

Comment

Cor Kathy, you really fill in all this stuff,

well well well done!!
                            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                            X