No announcement yet.

When do you work on your site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think the customers are the problem, then really its YOU that's the problem.
    I've been through the whole getting fed up of the hassle cycle (and believe me nappies can get quite boring when your 'baby' is nearly 10) and come out the other side.
    Still try not to tinker with the site during the working day 'at work' because I always answer the phone to the customer if I can - and they will want to order or information about/change an order, and then I'll forget where I was up to on tinkering which can lead to problems.
    Have just been pondering this as I often need to make changes but realise I'll get stuck in as the phone rings, and I've just got myself a book where I can write in changes I want to make, most of which I think of while working at the office, and I can take it home and do it on the laptop in front of the fire, and cross them off when they're done.

However best thing we did was get a dog. Whenever I feel like taking a break, I do 'cos he has to have a walk! Before I'd think I didn't need a break. Now I work faster and smarter and make that time for me and him. Unless its raining.
    Miranda Stamp
    Twinkle Twinkle
    www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
    Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
      i actually make them squirm a little asking for order numbers etc as they all think you should know who they are .
      Thats our biggest problem, customers who ring up and ask for something, cannot remember their order number or what site they were on, but want us to check through 7 sites instantly for their order which more often than not turns out to be with our major supplier and not even us, Just Love them

Otherwise someone rings up and states the obviouse that I remember their order from last year worth about £20 and can they order the same again, (No Order or site again), Get upset when I dont remember them.

Or if I give you a big order will I get a discount, How Big?, Three
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

If you think the customers are the problem, then really its YOU that's the problem.
        What is this, an irony free zone?

Of course another problem is all the money I'm making. All that counting. I'm running out of space to put it all. If any has any unwanted shoe boxes please get in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmind View Post
          What is this, an irony free zone?

Of course another problem is all the money I'm making. All that counting. I'm running out of space to put it all.
          I've plenty of space- you're welcome to store it here
          Ben
          http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Sorry no shoeboxes left, but I'd happily look after the money for you and count it too
            Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
            www.thedancersshop.co.uk
            www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

Sorry no shoeboxes left, but I'd happily look after the money for you and count it too
              Thank you. I'm often stoked at just how far forum members will go out of their way to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by Miranda Stamp View Post
                Unless its raining.
                When he has to cross his legs, talk about fair weather dog walkers!!
                www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

The customer is always right
                  I'd love to know who originally coined that phrase - but the simple truth is that its women who are always right...

...customers are only right 99.9% of the time!

Comment

Working...
                  X