Dust Me Selectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dust Me Selectors

Thought some of you designers might find this tool incredibly useful, should you have never come across it before.

Dust Me Selectors - a plugin for Firefox

What it does? Well, dusts down your CSS selectors. Set it to clean up CSS from one page, or your entire site.

I'm running it just now and have cut my CSS file by approx 30%, pending further tests, of course

Have a look and see what you think. Wouldn't it be marvellous if Actinic's Blockif's could be inserted into the site CSS file - you could potentially cut your sole page CSS by drastic amounts, perfect for those still on dial-up.

they can.

actinic.css can have blocks of php, and blockifs.

you can also include conditional css, with blockifs, and the css !important directive. using <style> blocks.

Comment

Awesome Gabe.

Never really tried to use Blockif's on any file but the actual Actinic design. Might take a snapshot over to another system tomorrow and see what I can do with importing the current css into Actinic.css and having some fun with blockif's

Cheers,
      Grant

Comment

the plugin you suggested is absolutely awesome. i tend to clutter my css quite a lot.

the final process is always to clean up, and this thing does it in a snap.

anything that saves me time = epic win.

Comment

My concern with Dust Me is the spidering. It seems to complete very quickly even on a large site which makes me question that it checks all pages.

EDIT: I didn't set the sitemap location - now it seems to be doing the business.

Comment

Last night went well anyway - will let you know in the next couple of days how it has affected the test site

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X