No announcement yet.

server backups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would also be wary of backing up to the same server as my site was on tbh - ideally it would be a separate system

Comment

To clarify

1 i am not talking about pc to online backup - i am talking about backing up server space

2 it would be server space to a separate backup server, not just a copy of server space on the same server

Comment

So it would be better then to have a folder that is backed up, and your clients make sure what they want saved is in that folder.

Not sure there is another way around it without backing up everything onto a seperate server

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
          So it would be better then to have a folder that is backed up, and your clients make sure what they want saved is in that folder.
          I think this will be less work for you Jo and give the customer the flexibility they may want/need.

As soon as you say "This package backs up A, B and C", someone will come along and want D and E too or instead of.

At least the folder method puts the onus on the customer!

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
          X