Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security

How much time and effort do we all put into online security? Quite a lot I think. We strive to make everything secure. A new security measure is brought out every so often that we have to comply with. So when we told this by a popular aquiring bank a few moments ago, we were quite shocked:

''If you have a problem with your PSP, just wait for the customer to telephone saying they have a problem then write down their card details on a piece of paper to put through your physical terminal''.

1, the world of online shopping is basically automated so not every customer would ring you (PROBABLY 1 OUT OF 20) but just go to another shop.
    2, Card numbers and paper are something we have all probably used and some still (for telephone orders) but for someone from the bank to tell you this is OK is plain ridiculous. Are we not paying these banks to provide a service. If we were to do as they say and write the numbers on a piece of paper and someone steals card details - we would be in serious trouble!

Is all the business of 3D secure etc etc not worth it if an bank is so blase with security?
    www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
    Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

I was in a branch of the Abbey (prior to global rebranding) and wanted to set up internet banking .... the only way to do this was to use their phone next to the queue for the tills and through to a foreign call centre. They wanted me to give all the details on the phone, including the CVV number, out aloud, in public so they could verify who I was. No thanks. I hung up and closed the account.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I've been doing some work in the card payment industry recently, and you'd be amazed how much card data is transmitted as plain text (outside of the internet, that is).

Comment

They can afford to be blasé, it's the retailers who foot the bill for fraud......

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

They can afford to be blasé, it's the retailers who foot the bill for fraud......
          My point exactly!!!
          www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
          Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X