Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George needs a new camera.

Any recommendations?

Its just for work so considering an digital SLR for the first time. For price range think `good value` as opposed to `top of the range`.

Cheers m' dears.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Canon 450D, top banana, all you will ever need.

Comment

Mrs G, she say "HOW much did you say?".

*looks for cheaper option*
      Football Heaven

Comment

What's the budget?

Comment

Dunno really. Less than 500 shickels anyway. (I may however invest in a better model later, but, not today). Hmm. Maybe I should just splash out (lol).
          Football Heaven

Comment

I know it's way outside of your budget but have just last week brought a Canon 50D and its mighty cool
            Originally wanted to spend somewhere about £400 to £700 but took the decision to invest now in what is massively 'over the top' for what I need but is near enough the best in its price bracket and will not 'date' as quick as the entry models so I see it as cheaper long term.
            www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

The Canon EOS 350D is highly recommended for the price - money very well spent imo

Comment

Pretty much all the DSLRs will take excellent pictures.

Go and look at them in a shop and see which one you like best. They'll all take great pictures but there's quite a difference in their handling and how large / bright the viewfinder is.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I am buying a new camera soon and after a lot of research, I have decided on a Canon 450D - just waiting for my local shop to get a second hand one in! Bargains to be had on eBay though!
                  www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
                  Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

Comment

Although a Nikon man the 450d and the older 350d are excellent cameras

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

George - if you post another "I need a camera thread" we will all hunt you down and clobber you with a box brownie ... get out there and buy one. NOW!!

Bikster

Comment

I spent ages researching various DSLRs, I even managed to convince the local Jessops to lend me various models for weekends, amazed at the service.

I basically narrowed it down to a Canon, after being a Mastercard away from a 450D I ended up with the slightly cheaper 1000D (http://bit.ly/JAK1c). I am absolutely over the moon with it, it does everything I could ever want and my meager skills are certainly being tested. The 1000D came with a great starter lens which I have since upgraded.

If this is your first DSLR I would really recommend it, that or a EOS 5D mkII.
                        Benjamin Dyer
                        CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                          Dunno really. Less than 500 shickels anyway. (I may however invest in a better model later, but, not today). Hmm. Maybe I should just splash out (lol).
                          I got mine for under £400 George, the 500D has recently been launched this may make prices even keener.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                            starter lens which I have since upgraded
                            The kit lens supplied by Canon are not the best in the world but are more than capable... Nikon produce better kit lenses hence the higher average cost like-for-like.

Bikster

Comment

I've always been a fan of kodak tbh and this beauty has 12 shots free
                              Kodak's latest offering

Comment

Working...
                              X