WII Fit & Sports Pack & Balance Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WII Fit & Sports Pack & Balance Board

My wife fancies getting one of these to have some fun and do a bit of exercise on. Play are doing the above package for £250 which seems good value. Anyone suggest things that will be needed in addition. For instance on my PS3 I needed to get a 2nd controller. Anything else you'd suggest that you bought for yours?

Just want some family fun and some exercise. Are these gimmicky or do you still use them after the first few weeks?

Thanks for any advice.

I'd have thought you could buy the Wii (which comes with Wii Sports, one controller and one 'nunchuck') and the Wii Fit (which has the balance board) for less than £250 tbh

Argos have the Wii Fit for about £68 IIRC and you can pick a Wii up for a good price secondhand.
    You'd probably need an extra controller (the main controller) but not anything else, I wouldn't think. Not to begin with.
    I've just bought us an additional nunchuck so we can do 2 player boxing but we haven't needed it for anything else and we have quite a few games really.
    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Just want some family fun and some exercise. Are these gimmicky or do you still use them after the first few weeks?
      Gimmicky like all things, but ours gets turned on occassionally. That said its definately a social thing when friends come around. Wii sports is good for a laugh.

We have also found more games are using the wii fit board.

Comment

I find having a docking station for the controllers handy. There's nothing worse than turning on the system and finding that you have to sit 2 feet away from the TV just because the controller needs charging (like on the PS3)

F.Y.I the docking station charges the controllers when the Wii is turned off, not like the PS3 , but then if you get a Wii, you can use it to charge the PS3 controllers too. That's what i do.

Also, Lee, as you have a PS3 check out infamous! It's gonna kick arse! out at the end of this month.
        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Anyone suggest things that will be needed in addition.
          Another wife..... I rarely see mine since we got one of these. Mind you, she's a lot fitter
          KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

Thanks for the help guys and gals, this - http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/779...t/Product.html - was what i was looking at, although Tracey's comments have made me think it's not as good as I thought . I'd want a brand new console.

Which docking station would you recommend Paul? i've heard that you need to stick to original wii bits otherwise a few months down the line, you get problems. Would you agree with that.

So basically a second controller and a docking station is all that is recommended.

Comment

So basically a second controller and a docking station is all that is recommended.
              I'd pretty much agree with that.

You might be better buying the Wii console and Wii Fit separately. Amazon has the two for £234.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Ah OK that sounds good, thanks Mike.

Comment

Which docking station would you recommend Paul? i've heard that you need to stick to original wii bits otherwise a few months down the line, you get problems. Would you agree with that.
                  I've got one from game, and had no problems with it at all.
                  This is the one i've got - http://www.game.co.uk/Wii/Hardware/Accessory/~r333365/GAMEware-Wii-Play-and-Charge-Kit/

Oh, and if you need a extra controller then get this - http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/172...searchsource=0
                  Best value for money - controller and game for £5 extra compared to buying just the controller separately

EDIT: See below for the best deals i can find.

Comment

http://www.shopto.net/WII/BUNDLE/WIIFITBUDLE-Wii%20Console%20%2B%20Wii%20Fit%20(with%20fitness%20Board).html Wii Console and Wii fit

http://www.shopto.net/WII/GAMES/WIIPL00-Wii%20Play.html for wii play

http://www.shopto.net/WII/ACCESSORIE...20Station.html for the docking station

You might want to get another nunchuk but its not necessary.

Also, recommend getting Mario Kart, it's probably the best fun driving game around.

Comment

I've started to realise how much money i have spent on my consoles now!

Comment

That's just who I used and the extra controller using the same method.

Couldnt fault them for delivery either.

The children have taken it over though with their Ben 10 game

Comment

There are a few bundles listed on the HotUKDeals forum which might be worth looking through. http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?act...h&keywords=wii
                          ToysRUs had the console and balance board bundle for £209.99 delivered, but this has now gone up to £217.97
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse
                          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. We have a Toys R Us reasonably close, so off I toddled last night at 7:30 and as you say they are doing them for £218, in fact they have a number of deals. So I bought one, we then played on the sports pack and the fitness game until about 1230 this morning. Good fun and thanks for the info and the savings made because of it!

I boxed, bowled, baseballed, jogged, tight rope walked and hula hooped all in one night. I was sweating like a bison at the end of it.

Only got the one controller at the moment, they do a second one for £30 or a game for £35 that comes with a controller. You then need a second nunchuck I presume.

From my radio control days I recall that rechargeables are 1.2v whereas normal AA's are 1.5v. Has anyone experienced any issues on the rechargeable side?

Accessories on the list to get now are: component cable (apparently makes a big difference), second controller, battery pack for the wii fit and a dual charger thingy. Oh and some games. Oh my it's started again!

Biggest frustration that i never considered is connection to our TV. TV is nowhere near where the wii will plug in, so cables have to be stretched out when connecting it. Epic fail on the planning side by me, i presumed it could run signal through on HDMI and connect to an amp. DOH, wish the living room hadn't just been plastered and painted.

Comment

Nintendo are also releasing a new and improved wii contoller with 'Motion Plus' that will be released on 12/06/2009. Amazon and Play.com have them on pre-order for £17.99 but I suspect the price will drop 6 motnhs down the line.

http://hotukdeals.com/item/384022/pr...lus-attachmen/

Introducing Wii MotionPlus
                              Darren Guppy
                              Golf Tee Warehouse
                              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
                              X