X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyMall.co.uk

Anyone had any dealings with this company
    Chris Ashdown

Yes, it's that lot with the elevator as a home page ain't it? A member of their team called us when they first started and had barely any merchants on there.

The ethos of the site isn't good. 3rd party adverts with promiscuous placements, paid-for listings only, etc. Screams 'Quick Buck Crew' to me.

The main navigational feature is obviously based on Flash - you could argue for or against this, but with recent updates in Google's algorithm, who knows how Google will crawl and rank the internal pages.

If I remember correctly they are owned (in part, at least) by Rupert Murdoch's lot.

The start-up cost with absolutely no idea of the success of the current site is also another major flaw in their market pitch, I'd stay well away.

Comment

Just another outfit trying to get rich quick

The link to advertise with us currently doesn't work. Personally i find this type of concept very limiting, i prefer to search using a search engine rather than a limited directory where shopkeepers have to pay to be included.

I was very interested to read one of Gabe's posts recently where he says he is thinking of closing down his shoptactular directory - directories are dead IMO

I can not remember seeing any posts here where someone has said adding themselves to a directory has resulted in dramatic sales.

Spend your money on SEO

Comment

There's only one price comparison site - other than Google Products - where I see a return in traffic, and it's free (limited and not guaranteed to add your products to the site) or paid (as many products as you like and guaranteed to add your products to the site). The free version is great for what it does, and products do actually rank quite well in Google. A win's a win

Comment

Forgot to ask, did they "guarantee" on the phone but not on paper that your products would appear number 1 in Google? My response: I can guarantee we won't be a part of that

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
            There's only one price comparison site - other than Google Products - where I see a return in traffic, and it's free (limited and not guaranteed to add your products to the site) or paid (as many products as you like and guaranteed to add your products to the site). The free version is great for what it does, and products do actually rank quite well in Google. A win's a win
            Go on then, what is it?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
              Go on then, what is it?
              Click here...

Comment

Working...
              X