Woolworths New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah I see, I mis-read. My Apologies Lee
    I was just trying to rhyme with the meter you see.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I think that any store over a fixed size (about a old woolies shop size) should be restricted to a number of product lines, that is say Tesco's they would be limited to food and say wine, Departmental stores to non food products. Banks to either retail banking or trading but not both and not able to sell insurance or own building societies
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Restrict progress and success, but why?

What if you were told you could only have one website, not eight as you are making the web 8 times bigger than is required?

Surely these places only expand and make a sucess of that expansion because we want it that way, we love places where we can sort a whole load of 'to dos' at once don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
          I think that any store over a fixed size (about a old woolies shop size) should be restricted to a number of product lines, that is say Tesco's they would be limited to food and say wine, Departmental stores to non food products. Banks to either retail banking or trading but not both and not able to sell insurance or own building societies
          Running in the elections?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Restrict progress and success, but why?

What if you were told you could only have one website, not eight as you are making the web 8 times bigger than is required?

Surely these places only expand and make a sucess of that expansion because we want it that way, we love places where we can sort a whole load of 'to dos' at once don't we?
            They become basicaly a monopoly and restrict fair trade,
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

I always thought there was a chance we'd start to see local shops re-appear once supermarket home delivery got going. The thinking was you'd buy the standard bulk items from the supermarket and then get your fresh bread, milk, fruit and veg, meat, fish, etc from the local shops. It doesn't seem to be happening that way though and the supermarkets have closed off the opening by putting their own 'convenience' shops in all the residential hotspots.

You can't stop 'progress' though. As Lee says, we're getting what we want even if we don't exactly like the consequences.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You can't stop 'progress' though. As Lee says, we're getting what we want even if we don't exactly like the consequences.
                the only way to stop it is not to shop at Tesco...

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                  the only way to stop it is not to shop at Tesco...
                  That's not right, shop but don't pay at Tesco - that's how you stop 'em

Comment

This is a common problem, where people actually create a situation that when they sit back and look at, they do not like, but it doesn't change what they did to create this situation, nor do they change from this point forward. People moaning about Tesco will still shop there, we just don't like a company that is perceived too powerful or too successful in this country.

Comment

Still most large companies appear bulletproof and then fail, quite a few in the last year including banks and maybe BA to follow, even Marks & Sparks has had a very rough time over last few years after being top dog for many years

Do you remember the problems Shell had in Germany a few years ago with people power over a rusty old piece of oilfield equipment, maybe a lesson there

It does not take many bricks taken from the bottom of the wall to make it crumble

Have a great weekend folk
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Tesco doing currency exchange, thats ANOTHER string to their already overloaded bow.
                        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
                        X