No announcement yet.

IE8 Now on MS Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah! Good point, I had forgot about that but the figures I quoted were unique visits so should not impact too much - I think.

Comment

Originally posted by animal dreams View Post
      But a stubborn 14% are IE6.

Why dont the anti-IE6 brigade just put a warning on their sites telling all potenial customers with IE6 just to eff off and spend their dough elsewhere?
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

just tried IE8 and our site looked fine until you attempt to go to the checkout (SSL) and it was blocked. I tried compatibility mode and some other suggestions from the net and no joy. Tried the Argos website and that behaved the same.
        That's an odd one-I use IE8 and I've not had any checkout problems. Just the odd 'broken layout' where odd spaces appear in odd places, this usually seems to be because the design relies non-standard HTML or CSS to achieve a particular layout.

The anti IE6 brigade don't do that because they still want the customer's money.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

hmm these are my stats for a couple of sites
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
            Why dont the anti-IE6 brigade just put a warning on their sites telling all potenial customers with IE6 just to eff off and spend their dough elsewhere?
            I dont care what browser people use, just ie is hardly the most secure around and with viruses / spyware then it really needs to be dumped.

The biggest issue is resolution, these days you need to cope with mobile devices so the question is should we be building smaller sized sites?

Comment

I don't use IE unless I'm checking web design for that browser. Firefox is much better in my opinion. But at work we keep one computer with IE6 installed, for web development reasons. So it's takes concentration with MS updates, to uncheck the IE8 installation.
              Maylin – Thomson
              Precision Balls | Stainless Steel Balls

Comment

Working...
              X