1and1 server problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1and1 server problems

If you're using 1and1 then it's worth checking your website.

I'm getting a 'connection refused' error on port 80 which means the website isn't responding. they're looking into it for me and it might just be the server I'm on that has crashed / overloaded. Worth checking though, just in case.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Looks as if they've fixed it. I wonder if I'll get an explanation.

Mike

Comment

There still appears to be 'intermittent problems' with the Apache web server. Apparently they're diagnosing and trying various fixes (with accompanying downtime).

Mike

Comment

No issues with my sites on the 1and1 servers today that I've seen.

Comment

Thanks Duncan. I suspect it's just a local problem with the server I'm on. Everything seems to be running Ok and nice and quickly now so with a bit of luck the problem has been found and fixed.

I've found 1and1 to be very reliable and it's rare to find a problem. Their response seems to be pretty good too, so I'm not complaining. Just a little impatient for it to be sorted.

Mike

PS. As it just seems to be local to me I'll probably just delete this thread when it's all OK. It's not really adding any value.

Comment

One of my 1and1 sites has been on and off all day (thanks to hosttracker for keeping me informed ) but the main Snorestore site has been fine, thankfully.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Jules - which hosttracker package do you use (or putting it another way, do you know if the free version any good)?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Hi Mark

We have the light package - up to 5 urls, 10 mins interval monitoring. $3 a month for the 3 year deal.

We started off on the free package, and it was fine but as the main Snorestore website grew we needed more frequent checking than 30 mins which is all the free one allows.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

If you are after a very basic free service with 15 minute checking you can use the service here http://uptime.openacs.org/uptime/about.adp I have used it for a couple of years.

The website is very very basic and you don't get any fancy stats, etc but seems to work if all you want is an email to inform you if your site can not be reached. It works by downloading a small txt file from your website every 15 minutes and emails you if the file is unavailable.
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse
                  Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Thanks Jules and Darren

I'm testing the free version of Hosttracker which has already paid for itself (yeah, yeah, I know...) by spotting major downtimes over the weekend on a site we have under development.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                    X