Windows 7 and Actinic versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 and Actinic versions

Has anyone tried early versions of Actinic on Windows 7??
    Got a customer with an early version of Actinic and looking to get a laptop with Windows 7 they are very reluctant to upgrade to latest Actinic version.
    Getting a laptop with XP now is nearly impossible
    Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
    www.thedancersshop.co.uk
    www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Most Dell laptops can be configured to have XP pre-installed and the Vista media supplied.
    In Ben's news post in September (http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=43602) he mentions that some work is ongoing regarding Actinic compatibility for Windows 7, but I haven't seen anything new on this recently.
    ActiveStock
    On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
    **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
    Free 30 Day Trial
    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Originally posted by Paragon View Post
      Has anyone tried early versions of Actinic on Windows 7??
      Got a customer with an early version of Actinic and looking to get a laptop with Windows 7 they are very reluctant to upgrade to latest Actinic version.
      Getting a laptop with XP now is nearly impossible
      We have done lots of testing on v9 which has been reported in a few places on the community.

If you can find out which version I'll get someone from our QA team to respond with some further detail.

Cheers,

Ben
      Benjamin Dyer
      CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Hi Steve

We have tested Windows 7 RTM with v707, v853 and v905 thus far with positive results. As Ben has requested above, if you could let me know which exact version of Actinic you are looking to use with Windows7, I can check the same here and confirm for you.

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

What about 904?

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaUK View Post
            What about 904?
            I have been running Windows 7 and v9.0.4 for a while now, nothing to report, which is good.
            Benjamin Dyer
            CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Excellent stuff - thank you

Maybe I'll get it done whilst the RM strike is on!

Comment

There are two Actinic stores (same company), one is version 7 which I've had on Vista with no problem, but the other I believe is only a version 6
                Regards Steve

www.thedancersshop.co.uk
                www.ice-dancer.co.uk

Comment

Morning Steve

v7.0.7 works OK on Windows7, however not v6.1.5. I would suggest an upgrade. Please bear in mind that v6 and v7 are not officially supported anymore.

Regards
                  Krithika Chandrasekar
                  SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

But the cost and time involved of upgrading puts them off - its a stable site turning over an acceptable level of orders. Other than a new laptop they have no desire to invest anymore time and money at this stage.

Unless anyone has a copy of V7 or V8 available??
                    Regards Steve

www.thedancersshop.co.uk
                    www.ice-dancer.co.uk

Comment

2 solutions

one - get a decent pc and stick xp on it - use this for v6 and 7 sites

two - upgrade to v9

i agree with the sentiment why upgrade a site that is working fine, (I've just upgraded a site from 6 to 9 simply because the client bought an vista machine and he didnt want to have to carry 2 laptops allthe time!, TBH due to the nature of the site it hasn't really benefitted functionally)

Sadly though vista/w7 are now a fact of life, you can probably resist w7 for a year or so and ontinue with xp but there will be a time when you will be swimming against the tide.

In your position i'd probably go with option 1, but explain the situation, at least the client will have 6-12 months to come to terms with upgrading

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                        2 solutions

one - get a decent pc and stick xp on it - use this for v6 and 7 sites

upgrading
                        Dell are still selling most of their PC's / laptops with XP Pro as a downgrade from Vista Business, even though they announced they would stop shipping XP over twelve months ago. I recently ordered 5 Vostros and they all came with XP Pro installed but with a Vista Business as an option.

Now W7 is officially here and retail copies are being despatched (got 2 on Thursday that were ordered about 2 months back) I expect to see XP being dropped as Win7 is a really workable system that can replace XP unlike Vista. Big co-orporates are now looking to move over having skipped Vista so we are investigating W7 big time.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                        Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                        X