IP camera recording software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP camera recording software

We have just installed a very nice Panasonic WV-NS202A camera attached to the network.

Can anyone suggest any software for recording the output to PC (it is for recording demonstrations)? I have found some but it only outputs 5fps which defeats the quality of the camera which can do 30fps at QVGA.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

any screen casting software should do

some free ones out there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screencast
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

do you not use a DVR? normally the easiest way, or by a card for a pc or laptop that comes with software.

never actually used any streaming media software to record stuff though, always hardware

Comment

I read a nice review of Blue Iris somewhere. I think there's a trial download and the 1 camera version is only something like $30.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Cheers guys.

I looked at Blue Iris but it is still capturing at 5fps despite the setting set to 30fps. It looks like the camera is throttling the output on port 80. Fired off an email to Panasonic to see if there is another port that allows the capture of the full stream at 30fps.

Bikster

Comment

Pending a speedy reply from Panasonic I have been experimenting (fiddling in the dark) with the settings and found when both JPEG and MPEG4 streams are enabled this is throttled to 5fps on t he recording output despite the live view showing at full 30fps. Result

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X