Wigan Players to refund their fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wigan Players to refund their fans

I just saw this and though it was interesting. Not sure why but it strikes me that there's something interesting going on here.

Wigan's players are to personally refund Latics fans who bought tickets at the DW Stadium for the 9-1 hammering at Tottenham on Sunday.
    From the BBC News.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

perhaps there were only a hundred fans there? It's a long way from Wigan to N.London!
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Link http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ic/8374893.stm

From reading it, it sounds like the club organised travel and tickets for their fans to get there. I guess the players are feeling bad that they let the club down and the fans are "not best pleased" * at wasting money to go and watch it.

It still seems odd to me. I'd expect a professional team to go out and do their best. If that's not good enough in the circumstances then you can't really blame the players.

Plus giving them their money back is an odd gesture. If you want to keep their support why not offer them a free trip to the next away match and lay on some goodies on the coach.

It just all seems odd. As if they're feeling guilty about something. I don't suppose there was any heavy betting on the score or anything was there?

Mike

(I just get suspicious when things don't seem right).

* substitute with your own expletives

Comment

As an Aberdeen, Scotland and West Ham supporter I will become a millionaire overnight should any of my teams backdate the refunds for rank perfomances.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Maybe that's my problem with this.

Your team loses, you get over it and hope (well half-hope (well kind of pray really)) that they play better the next time and maybe win a game.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
            Your team loses, you get over it and hope (well half-hope (well kind of pray really)) that they play better the next time and maybe win a game.

Mike
            As a Hull City fan, we've been praying all this year and, finally, our prayers are beginning to be answered!
            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
            X