Paypal claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal claims

Just wondering what peoples experiences of Paypal dispute claims are?

We've just had a claim lost (in favour of the buyer) despite having proof of sending via International Airmail Signed For, although, admittedly, there is no online record of the customer having signed for it (or not).

The thing is, we havent done anything wrong really? (we've put in a claim to the Royal Mail for the package but have yet to hear back from them).
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

I haven't had any yet, but from what I read on the forums PayPal pretty much side with the customer. Just as the credit card companies do.

How many do you find going bad? Is this the first one?

Is there any proof that the package was delivered? If not I would say you're pretty well covered with Royal Mail.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We've had a couple raised in the past but they've been withdrawn after I emailed them.

This ones annoyed me because we've done everything right, even taking a hit on the cost of the recorded delivery.

As I said, we've put a claim in to RM but they're not the best on overseas deliveries (in my experience).
      Football Heaven

Comment

I don't I've never won such a claim with Paypal, even if I was able to prove the goods were delivered to them.
        If the customer insists they have not received something even when I've proved they or someone they know signed for it, then Paypal will declare me a liar.
        Its the one thing I hate about Paypal, okay just 1 of the things I hate about them.
        Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
        www.thedancersshop.co.uk
        www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

We have just lost our first ever Paypal dispute as well.

We dispatched the order the same day that we received it but 2 days later the dispute was made with Paypal.

We advised Paypal that the parcel was indeed on its way, the parcel was then signed for on day 5. We presented this to Paypal but on day 15 they ruled against us.

We have asked Paypal to advise us what the dispute was, but as yet (3 weeks later) we have not heard a thing.

We have also sent the customer a Paypal invoice advising that if they do not pay we will publish their details on our website.

We will wait and see.
          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Buzby, as I see it, the contract to purchase is between the buyer and yourself. I think you'd be well within your rights to chase up for a payment for the order outwith Paypal.

I wonder if theres a way of checking if a buyer (loose terminology I know) has a `history` of payment disputes with Paypal?
            Football Heaven

Comment

For those cases where there's clear evidence of fraud and PayPal are dicking around, then the small claims court is easy and cheap to use.

You can create the claim at https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and for a fee (it used to be £25) they do all the work.

You can also claim for interest on monies owed and you get your fee back if the claim is found in your favour. Highly recommended along with the naming and shaming route.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

We've just had a claim lost (in favour of the buyer) despite having proof of sending via International Airmail Signed For, although, admittedly, there is no online record of the customer having signed for it (or not).
                In this situation, Paypal will never side with you. You must have proof of delivery (ie a signature on delivery) otherwise the fault is with Royal Mail and you need to claim with them. A real pain, but if you give then all the details they ask for they generally do pay up... (the cost to you of the items)

Paypal only cover you if you are delivering to a confirmed address, and you have proof of delivery... Of course if you post to a confirmed address and have proof of delivery then there will rarely be a problem anyway... which is why paypal covers you for that.
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

PayPal Claims

If the PayPal payment says, "Buyer Protection: Elligible" then you are OK if you have proof of delivery. This is usually because the address is confirmed.

When we send items by Royal Mail Tracked (no signature required service), then if it says, "Delivered" and you prove also that it was despatched to the customer's address (copies of Royal Mail Despatch Express entries or screen dumps), then you are OK.

Royal Mail International Signed For is pretty useless. It only tracks to the destination country, and in our experience it never ever comes up with Delivered. When a customer complains we ask them to contact their local postal depot, quoting the tracking number, and usually that is sufficient.

Royal Mail Airsure (not available to all countries) is a bit better as it tracks all the way, but we find that it is rare for the tracking to be updated, making it also pretty useless. Again, we refer them to the postal depot.

Comment

What Out for Tricks, PayPal

Make sure that you have a consignment number and proof of delivery for each payment. We lost money when a customer made several payments for one order; the goods were all despatched together in one box, with one consignment number, for which we had proof of delivery with her signature. She raised a PayPal claim. PayPal would allow only one of the payments, as the other two did not have separate consignment numbers and proofs of delivery. We lost about £86 on this one case. Since then we will only accept one payment for one consignment. If somebody wants to add to an order for despatch the same day with only one carriage charge, we say no - we offer to cancel and refund the first order so that they can place it again as one order.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                    X