No vat added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No vat added

We have recently had an order in that was sent within the UK and only after it was send did we find that there was no VAT added to the order. We have since worked out that the customer selected "None of the Above" in the country field and entered United Kingdom in manually in a blank field.

So we called the customer and since he already has his goods hes refusing the pay the extra VAT (which is only £4.55)

Has anyone had an experience like this and where do we stand with getting the VAT from him and also ensuring the system doesnt do this again for future orders.

Were on V6 (yes i know) but upgrading to V9 this weekend. Not sure if theres a failsafe in the v9 software.

Regards
    Martin

As you didn't spot it, you'll have to account for the VAT within the amount received and account for it in your books.

It happens quite often, whether deliberate or not we don't know - but if you check the orders you can edit the Location which puts the tax right. We 'reserve the right' to make this correction if the customer gets it wrong.
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Hi Martin
      The answer to this is to remove "none of above".
      I notice that you have cut the number of countries that you have for order from, whilst the destinations are, I think the normal Actinic ones.
      You may wish to revert this to the same as the destinations.
      Then, it should work as you expect.
      I tried an order on your site.
      I entered none of the above in the customer country and entered the UK as the destination country - in the checkout, the VAT was removed - this is incorrect.
      AFAIK, the rules have not been changed, If you order from the UK, VAT applies.
      If you order from outside the EU, with a destination in the EU, VAT applies.
      Etc.
      I had this problem several of years ago, and we removed "none of above" and it worked every time
      Regards
      Howard

Comment

Originally posted by HowardW View Post
        Hi Martin
        The answer to this is to remove "none of above".
        I notice that you have cut the number of countries that you have for order from, whilst the destinations are, I think the normal Actinic ones.
        You may wish to revert this to the same as the destinations.
        Then, it should work as you expect.
        I tried an order on your site.
        I entered none of the above in the customer country and entered the UK as the destination country - in the checkout, the VAT was removed - this is incorrect.
        AFAIK, the rules have not been changed, If you order from the UK, VAT applies.
        If you order from outside the EU, with a destination in the EU, VAT applies.
        Etc.
        I had this problem several of years ago, and we removed "none of above" and it worked every time
        Regards
        Howard
        Thanks for the prompt replies i will do as you suggested and modify my country list.

martin

Comment

Working...
        X