Actinic Developer Required for Stock Control System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We look after an Actinic based website and they need a comprehensive stock control system with the following requirements:

1 Part number
    2 Product description
    3 Stock quantity
    4 Stock unit cost price
    5 Value of stock at cost
    6 Sales during last month
    7 Sales during last three months
    8 Sales during last six months
    9 Sales during last twelve months
    10 Stock life ( quantity divided by monthly sales)
    11 Re-order level

There are some anomalies in the list (e.g. which period will No. 10 be based upon), but I think that they are all capable of providing the basis for suitable analysis. We will need stock location codes but they will add nothing to the analysis of sales.

Ideally what we would like to happen is to enter a product code and get a full run down of that product as well as doing product groups.

Any questions please PM me.

im not sure what your question is here?

but if your want this detail from actinic then as far as im aware your going to be out of luck, stock control is not part of actinic, stock monitoring is.

I would say you require a more bespoke system, maybe from orderwise, interprise e.t.c all these sorts of systems are designed with more busniness function in them

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
      im not sure what your question is here?

but if your want this detail from actinic then as far as im aware your going to be out of luck, stock control is not part of actinic, stock monitoring is.

I would say you require a more bespoke system, maybe from orderwise, interprise e.t.c all these sorts of systems are designed with more busniness function in them
      Darren

from what i understood they want a separate system

however more details will be needed in regards to interaction with Actinic

Comment

I think the clue is in the title:

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I think Paul is after an external program that can pull the information from the Actinic Database and provide a number of reports.

Could this be achieved with an SQL query?
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse
          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

sorry - i brought actinic developer, which does not exist these days and when someone mentions developer i think of actinic

So really are we saying they need some to link actinic to another system then?

Comment

I'd imagine Jan or Gabe could help out with this???

"Jan... Gabe... Are you about?"

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
              Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

We do this but have the back office software driving all the figures and use Actinic to create the website and take the orders which is then pumped into out accounts system for full stock, nominal analysis, groups, VAT, bonded facilities etc.

The lump-in-the-mouth was the £15,000 for the original software and the cost of a bridge between it and Actinic. Saved us an uncountable amount of time over Christmas with the flip of being able to handle more orders.

That said doesn't Sage offer that level of support and reporting with the various modules available and the direct link to Actinic?

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                  We do this but have the back office software
                  Jont any chance you can let me know what back office system your using im currently working through a few

Comment

http://www.chatsworth.co.uk/

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont

can i catch up with you sometime to pick your brains a little ablout this. Looks like the sort of systems im looking into

Cheers
                      Darren

Comment

No problem - drop me a line to the usual place.

Bikster

Comment

Sage

We export our orders/customers into Sage 50 Accounts Professional using Actinic Link, with all the stock control system there on Sage, providing most if not all the things that you require. Stock quantities can be updated from Sage to Actinic using the Link. This is not expensive and does not require a developer.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                          X