Page rank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page rank?

Hey Guys. ive set up a number of back links to sites ranked higher than me, resulting in our home page getting a page rank of 1. every other page on my website is still ranked zero. do i need to get my home page to at least rank 2 before the rank spreads amongst the others, otherwise how do i spread the rank amongst my other pages?

Thanks

dont bother with page rank, its a dead duck, i read a recent report that google was dropping it as they update there algo - site speed is goign to be an important factor

Quality links, quality of page e.t.c is more important these days. There is plenty of info on how to best improve your site

Comment

You need to get quality links to your product pages, not just your home page.

Deep, good quality, inbound links will boost your page rank.

TBH I wouldn't get too bogged down with what your page rank is, Google don't:

http://sites.google.com/site/webmast...nking#pagerank

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Page rank

I agree page ranking is almost dead on it's feet, much better to have good quality "deep links" and well optimised page content as even metatags are not that important for Google now. Caffeine (the new search algorithm) likes fast page loading speeds, good page content, and good qualitty backlinks.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X