Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Analytics code not getting picked up (non - Actinic site)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Analytics code not getting picked up (non - Actinic site)

Hi Folks
    I know we're not supposed to use this forum to ask non Actinic related questions but I'm pulling my hair out with one of my normal html sites at the moment so hopefully some bright spark may be able to shed some light on this.
    I currently have www.appliancecarewales.co.uk with the GA working as it should (and has been for a couple of years) but the client is moving his business to trade under a new name and, obviously, URL. He wants me to basically put a copy of the site under a new domain and he's going to change the text accordingly (I've explained the pitfalls of duplicate content etc and he still wants to run ACW concurrently for a while - so I've set a robots file to stop crawling of acw but that's by the by) So, the new site is www.beechappliances.co.uk and it's all migrated across successfully (including databases etc) but for the life of me I can't get GA to pick up the new GA code - it's there in the source but for some reason whenever I ask GA to check the tracking status it tells me the code is not detected. I've tried the old GA code just above the </body> tag, the new asynchronous code in the <head> area and I even resorted to using the Force - but I am weak I guess, it still doesn't work! Anyone got any ideas on where I'm screwing up? GA code is generated using a PHP function but even if I insert it by hand it still doesn't register...
    Last edited by meden; 11-Feb-2010, 02:16 AM. Reason: url correction
    The Pretty Dress Company

Would that have anything to do with this problem:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot redeclare googleanalytics() (previously declared in /home/13367/beechapps/www.beechappliances.co.uk/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php:5) in <b>/home/13367/beechapps/www.beechappliances.co.uk/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php</b> on line <b>18</b><br />
    See left of screen here http://www.beechappliances.co.uk/appliancestore.php

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Afraid not Mike - I had just declared my function twice in error on that one page, I've fixed it now and still no luck with GA. Thanks for spotting the error though
      The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Slight update on this for anyone else who comes across the the same problem.
        It seems that the tracking code is working - but for some reason GA keeps telling me that it can't find the tracking code when I 'check status' but it still collects and collates the data from site visits anyway - bizarre but I can live with it as long as the data keeps coming.
        The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

An odd one.

It probably explains why we couldn't see a problem with the code though. I had a good look and compared it to Google's original and it all looked fine to me.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X