Who are they kidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are they kidding

Just received this e-mail, they must be kidding there was a zip file attached...no way was that opened.

Dear use of the kitchenwareonline.com mailing service!

We are informing you that because of the security upgrade of the mailing service your mailbox (our email address) settings were changed. In order to apply the new set of settings open zip attached file.

Best regards, kitchenwareonline.com Technical Support.

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG -

Came from this email address!! : powderedwib4 (@)rengitjapiiat.com

Dodgy!! Didn't follow the link either.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
    Just received this e-mail, they must be kidding there was a zip file attached...no way was that opened.

Dear use of the kitchenwareonline.com mailing service!

We are informing you that because of the security upgrade of the mailing service your mailbox (our email address) settings were changed. In order to apply the new set of settings open zip attached file.

Best regards, kitchenwareonline.com Technical Support.

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG -

Came from this email address!! : powderedwib4 (@)rengitjapiiat.com

Dodgy!! Didn't follow the link either.
    Steve

just a quick note that some people may not know.

if you are using outlook, if you receive any e-mail with a link, right click on the e-mail and select "view source"

this will bring up a window with html code. in there you can find the actual link (not what appears on the e-mail) and obviously then you can see whether is an proper link or some dodgy link that will steal your login details

Comment

Hovering over the link should bring up link text as well.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
        Hovering over the link should bring up link text as well.
        Definitely in Outlook Express, but I don't think it does that in Outlook proper.
        Paul
        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Maybe it depends on the Outlook (proper) version or some setting, mine does it. (2010)

Comment

Hovering does it in Outlook 2003 as well.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

same applies in Thunderbird too, probably will work in any webbased email app too

Comment

Even Easier Way

Hello. Even easier is not to click on links in emails, but if you do, not to provide any login details. Legitimate emailers do not normally send emails requiring you to click on a link and enter your login details. The most common phishing emails are pretending to be banks or PayPal, certainly genuine banks do not do this, so any email from a bank requiring you to do this is not genuine. With my banks, none of them every email about anything, so I know instantly to delete it.

If I am not sure about clicking on a link, but am pretty certain it is OK but not 100%, I will enter their web address in my browser rather than click.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                X