Twin Monitor Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin Monitor Set Up

Can someone please explain to me how/what I need to have a twin monitor set up?

Basically I'd like to be able to have actinic open on one monitor and then a web browser or outlook open on another monitor, same computer.

If I go into a computer store I will using end up purchasing an extra £500 of software/hardware I don't need, simply because i'm not forearmed with a list of what I actually need

On a laptop its dead easy, as you already have a vga port ready to plug the extra monitor into - thus laptops also tend to have the software pre installed to then configure screen res, and whether the 2nd monitor is to the left or right of the laptop and which one is the master.

on a pc, the same would apply, but you'd need a 2nd graphics card, I've not bought a pc recently to know if they come with 2 vga's nowadays

Comment

A lot of graphics card has a VGA and DVI port. So you could plug the two monitor in to them.
      Lets say you got two monitors with VGA plugs, you can get a coveter from VGA to DVI.

This is the setup that I have
      Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Yep almost every PC allows for the double monitor setup as standard nowadays, just the converter you need to buy as there is one of each connection type on the card.

You need to spend £120-200 on a screen, £5 on an adaptor and that is it.

Comment

I always think Terry Pratchett has a nice setup:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...on=Popup&ino=2

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I hope he doesn't have to come on here, the guy will get frazzled. Cool setup, his speech a few weeks ago about his disease was excellent.

Comment

yes. He did a couple of programmes on the BBC last year on living with Alzheimers and it's a shame to see how it's hit him. I guess the same is true for anyone who gets it though.

I've always enjoyed his books. My son is reading his books for younger readers. Truckers, Diggers, etc.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I've never read any of his books or knew too much about him before the speech. The way he wrote it really impressed me though, i love it when someone puts into words something you could never manage to write yourself. Princess Diana's brother's speech at the funeral was in the same bracket for me.

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                  I always think Terry Pratchett has a nice setup:
                  I am going to stand well clear and put that on my Christmas wish list and see what the wife says!

He is definitely missing the Rick Wakeman multiple keyboards though.

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It is possible on a laptop to plug the screen into you laptop right click your laptop screen - properties - settings

You should at this stage see 2 screens showing as blue boxes, decide which one is your main screen and that should be it.

Hope that helps.
                    I have no signature

Comment

Working...
                    X