Let's all chill on this one.

Chris
    Chris agreed

I'm sure you will be treated with kid gloves in the future
    No need but thank you for the sentiment -
    I have no signature

Comment

again my post deleted from this very thread
      why will actinic not answer my question, when can we expect customer accounts, why am I not allowed to ask this ?
      wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Actinic already has the ability for buyers to have their details remembered - the remember me option. After use of this option, address details are automatically completed when returning, with no need to log on.

Actinic also has the ability to create customer accounts from scratch on the desktop or based on a customer's orders, but the merchant must initiate this process. Previous orders can also be linked to customer accounts once they have been created.

Actinic can have different pricing for different groups of customer accounts, choose which products each group of customers can see and can have multiple buyers and addresses for each customer account.

Many other ecommerce solutions don't have such functionality in the customer accounts area. A lot of this functionality is needed when selling B2B, which is primarily what the existing Actinic customer accounts system was designed to address.

Actinic doesn't currently allow a buyer to choose to create their own account online and subsequently manage it. Specification work is already well advanced on this and we expect to include the functionality in v11, due in around 12 months time.

Chris

Comment

thanks for the update, it is good to hear that this feature is being worked on.
          although it is obviously some way off, as a multi user on business plus we would be happy to do some testing.

wes
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
          X