Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting With Two B&M Shops

Hi Every One

We are opening a new B&M Shop soon. The problem i have, is how to do the accounts for both B&M shops.

At the moment we use Sage V11 in the shop. We do all the sales invoices, ordering, VAT Return and Year End in sage.

I am looking for the best way of keeping the all the accounting to the min. Ideally I only want to have to do 1 VAT return and year end

The only way i think it can be done, is by copying all the sale invoices from one shop to the other shop. ( is going to take a lot of time up)

If anyone else has two shops, I will like to know how you do it.

Thanks

Elliott
    Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

your right a lot of time, we have 2 shops, you ever have them as separate business, ie 2 sets of accounts, or one business and one set of accounts.
    No way round it, you will have to enter all sales refunds etc, suppliers from 2nd shop into sage.

Sage does allow for departments so you can have all costs associated with one department, ie shop 1 shop 2

wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

we run this way and only produce one set of accounts, but these are done on sage by the accountant with all the info taken from our main system.

It has been simplified so basically sage just has a record of all sales per day and purchase orders for each branch. Should Mr VAT man pop in then all the invoicing is on a main system and filed, sage just puts it in to a format that works for HMRC.

So you could use actinic and EPOS to do all invoicing and sage to do the cummilative of both branches for VAT returns

Comment

Two businesses as one

We have two shops and one Sage, one tax return, one VAT return. The business name is the same, but the names for the two shops within it are different, and the products they sell completely different. Everything goes into Sage the same, but, as previously said, we have different department numbers for the two shops, should we need to separate out for management purposes (which in reality we haven't bothered with). The products are all in the same Products file in Sage, but the Product Codes have a different prefix to identify them and to make reporting easier. We have separate Nominal Codes/Nominal Accounts for things that are unique to one of the businesses, or which we want to to separate out easier for management reporting, such as the advertising costs, and different nominal codes for purchases, sales etc. It all works fine. We have set up the Chart of Accounts so that the different nominal codes within a range merge in the End of Year accounts, but we could have them list separately if we wanted. For example the nominal codes for Advertising for shop 1 and for Advertising for shop 2 appear in the final accounts as just Advertising. Just saves some addition when completing the annual tax return.
        Sarah

Comment

thanks for all your reply's.

I think the way i am going to do it. Is to have the main shop using sage and input the the sale order from the other shop each week.

Elliott
          Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X