Accounting Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting Software

Does anyone have any current recommendations for Accounting software (that isn't Quickbooks or Sage)

Currently using Microsoft Office Accounting which was dropped by Microsoft last year and had been working fine until a laptop failure and now won't install on Windows 7 and is causing issues on another laptop that it is installed on.

Main requirements are Stock Control and would like Multi-User (though this is not absolutley essential) Multi-User would need to be via Wireless Network.

There are alot of On-line packages out there these days and have to say I'm not sure I trust putting all my company accounts online - but doesn't seem to be much else!

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

any current recommendations for Accounting software (that isn't Quickbooks or Sage)
    Sadly, I've reached the conclusion that Sage is the only real option.

At least if I spend the time learning how to use it I won't have to worry about it being discontinued.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike - had a horrid feeling someone would say that! Used Sage in past and had major data corruptions so had to ditch and go to MOA. Sage Multi-User will not work with wireless network - (as we found out to our cost )

Kathy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

Sage

We use Sage, have it networked and multi-user, no problems other than we would like things to be faster. We chose Actinic (back in 2004) because it worked with Sage. We export orders from Actinic to Sage using Actinic Link, and update stock figures from Sage to Actinic once a day. Our book-keeping is all done on Sage, including stock control. We book in deliveries on Sage when they arrive each day, and update this stock to Actinic. Actinic in turn updates it to the website. All works fine in general.

We have two different websites, two sites on Actinic, but one set of book-keeping on Sage. All fine.

Sarah

Comment

We use TAS Books (now owned by Sage). Very good software and easier to use than Sage, BUT there is no Link, which is inconvenient.
          We looked into this last year and I have to agree with Mike - Sage really is the only way to go if you have to select now.
          It is pricey and quite hard to learn (if like me you find accounting a deep dark hole full of secets), but I'm sure the results are worth it.
          Kind Regards
          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
          X