Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.co Domains

Are these new .co domains worth having?

Should I be adding yet another domain TLD to the portfolio of domains when I already own the .co.uk and .com versions?

They seem expensive at £30 /year and add up quickly when you have many sites?

Originally posted by drounding View Post
    Are these new .co domains worth having?

Should I be adding yet another domain TLD to the portfolio of domains when I already own the .co.uk and .com versions?

They seem expensive at £30 /year and add up quickly when you have many sites?
    Are you a domain tart, Duncan?

I don't think I'd be tempted unless they become mainstream.
    Jo Public won't necessarily know about them and, even if they do see a .co domain name, they'll probably mis-read it as either .co.uk or .com anyway!
    Tracey

Comment

We got ours for our main sites, I think that they might catch on because it's less to type.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

We got them for ours too - we are indeed domain tarts :-)
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I think these will catch on in time, and possibly replace .com /.co.uk, especially for shorter "brand name" URLs.

We got one for our new website/company name particularly because it is short and similar to other existing names, and we thought there was a danger that someone else might acquire our .co in the process of ringfencing their own by including mis-spellings.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

We must be domain tarts in fishnets - we have dozens of them.
            Just deciding which ones to go for (apart from the obvious handful).
            Jolly pricey though.

We use 1and1 and as they don't have the .co in their price list I telephoned them and my account manager said .co was the same price as .co.uk!

Edit due to idiocy on my part:
            What I meant to say was we asked our host UKFast about registering the .co - 1and1 of course have it on their price list at £29.99.

I have resisted the temptation as I'm sure he's wrong and don't want an unexpected bill when they realise their mistake.
            Fasthosts are a tenner cheaper than everyone else at £18.99.
            Anyone seen them cheaper?
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

We've just done another .co through the 1and1 control panel and it is £29.99 pa, surprise surprise

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
              X