Conference - Twitter Hashtag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conference - Twitter Hashtag

I think I follow / chat to most of the Actinic Twitter Alumni, so apologies if this is old news. However, the official hashtag for the conference this year is #actinic2010.

If you tweet about the event, please include the tag on your post so it turns up in the Twitter search.

If you want to follow along but not at the conference: http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23actinic2010
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

hi can you post a list of whats been going on for those who could not attened.
    Trawling for a list of tweets is hard work.

wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

There's lots of info here: http://www.actinic.co.uk/user-conference-2010-resources

Comment

Went to look at wiggle's presentation on social media - headings but no content. Shame as it sounded interesting

GreenJersey's brings up a 404 aswell

Comment

Jo,
          Mark's (Green Jersey) PDF link is missing the "f" at the end.
          Try
          http://www.actinic.co.uk/docs/user_c...een-jersey.pdf
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
            Went to look at wiggle's presentation on social media - headings but no content. Shame as it sounded interesting
            It was very entertaining as well as enlightening. I'm sure everyone there would agree.
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I disagree. It didn't tell me anything new, no nuts and bolts, no "this is how you do it". Was a big puff for her business and herself. Was more like a presentation to her local WI than to a room of hardened ecommerce folk. Is also not an Actinic store

Green Jersey's session was excellent.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                I disagree. It didn't tell me anything new, no nuts and bolts, no "this is how you do it". Was a big puff for her business and herself. Was more like a presentation to her local WI than to a room of hardened ecommerce folk. Is also not an Actinic store

Green Jersey's session was excellent.
                I think the point of her presentation was more a case of "you need to be doing this stuff and this is what it has done to my business" rather than "press button 'A' to do this and button 'B' to do that". I'm still astounded at the number of business owners who, even now, don't even realise this stuff goes on and what it can do for their business.

Agreed though, more WI than ecomm and Green Jersey was very good. Unfortunately, the chap who did the SEO presentation didn't know anything about Actinic!
                Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

I was also a bit disappointed that the SEO guy didn't know anything about Actinic. His website says to remove the homepage from being managed within Actinic so it can be optimised. I don't agree with that - it purely means that they (SEO) can then manage the page without getting involved with Actinic. Does that also imply that they therefore don't do any optimising of the product pages? I would consider these to probably be more important than the homepage.

As Actinic is a dynamic system this front page needs to be disconnected from the system, once disconnected this page can then be optimised with your content.
                  Left connected this page will become automatically updated by the system and your optimisation code will be lost, leaving your quest for rankings ended.

This optimised page then becomes a "portal page" to the rest of your Actinic site.
                  If you are worried about this portal page losing the consistency and feel of the rest of the site, we will implement the same styling to give your site that concise professional look
                  http://www.justsearching.co.uk/JustB...marketing.html

Comment

I was talking to him in the morning and told him that approach wouldn't work. The only way to do it would be to either

a) Get their own copy of Actinic (and all the variants!); take a snapshot from the owner; update it; return snapshot to owner

or

b) Tell the owner what to put onto their pages.

I think he was a bit bemused!!
                    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

I particularly liked the Paypal presentation of the market trend figures. The amount of shift from high street to online is still moving at a rapid rate. It still amazes me how many indies still don't have a website, never mind trade online.

I was also interested to see that 35% of UK online purchasers prefer to use Paypal (although obvioulsy this is not their only preference as the percentages don't add up to 100%). What was also noteable was the number of people who use credit to purchase in the UK compared with the rest of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                        ...a bit bemused!!
                        In fairness though he did give out some SEO tool links that will be very useful to many DIY people.

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                          a) Get their own copy of Actinic (and all the variants!); take a snapshot from the owner; update it; return snapshot to owner
                          Well he wont be doing that as it will affect his bottom line

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                          Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                            In fairness though he did give out some SEO tool links that will be very useful to many DIY people.
                            Are these links available to anyone or just those that attended the conference?
                            Unusual Silver Jewellery
                            Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
                            Crystal Healing Jewellery
                            Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                            X