No announcement yet.

Mobile Dongles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was caught with this and quite peeved with Vodafone about it. When I bought my PAYG Vodafone modem the deal was that all data bought would never expire. They changed the terms about two months later so that it expires now after 30 days. Quite a con in my eyes!

Comment

We use 3 at £7.50 a month 3 gig.

This is used for back up only, so when it is not being used the sim is in our Ipad.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

3 mobile broadband.

If you have a good signal from 3 I can recommend their "dongles". I use one regularly. Good (usually) connection speed (I get an average of 1.2 MB speed varying with network bandwidth availability), supports XP, Vista and Windows 7, and good value for money.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Steve, 3 seem to be getting some feedback on this, i'm at the office tomorrow, so will be trying out to see which network works best there, hopefully i can find someone with a 3 mobile, we have ways to check Orange and Vodafone i know for sure.

Comment

I have 3 and Vodafone dongles for backup and use when we're trading at music festivals. I've found Vodafone have better coverage, but 3 is quicker, even at weaker signal strength. Although the data on both is time limited to a month in theory, I find that 3 doesn't seem to expire after 30 days in practice.
            Ben
            http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

back in post#2 norman suggested the mi-fi

just came across an interesting video from the bbc click website, it compares the mi-fi against the normal traditional "3" dongle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/8409046.stm
              the outcome was that there wasn't a lot of difference in performance at all.

kev

Comment

Working...
              X