business software alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

business software alliance

Anyone know about this company or had dealings with them ??

Basically i have a letter set to our registered office (accountant) and it is not very clear what they are saying.

However i called them up to find out what’s it all about and to sum up they want me to log into their site to list all the software we use and pass the serial numbers for them the check if they are legitimate and we are using them as per licensed.

All the info i found on them Via Google seems to come from them
    Any help ?

I certainly wouldn't do it. Why should you - what have you got to gain. They can then sell on your serial numbers with copies of the software. Dustbin if it was me.

Comment

We've never heard of them and certainly don't pass any registration keys to them.

Chris

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Software_Alliance

I would still not pass any keys for checking to them.

Keys are your property and as such you have every right to protect them

Comment

The 'Business Software Alliance' may be legitimate but the company who contacted you might not be who they say they are and could be using their name as a way of obtaining serial numbers they can sell on.

If it is genuine it could but that someone with a grudge has contacted them, possibly and ex-employee or rival business under their 'Bust Your Boss' campaign: Whistleblower gets £10,000 payoff from anti-piracy group
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse
          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Most software will self check the license when it launches to see if it is genuine anyway.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Got another letter on Friday even more threatening than the last one (I have not read it myself) as they only have my account’s address.

I am convinced it like the PRS they shout and make noises but want you to “tell them” if you are doing anything wrong.

Going to ignore it

Thanks for all the advice

Comment

Working...
              X