X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reply

As supplied via the contact form:

Subject : Ireland

do you ship to Ireland? and if not why? you are after all, a company based in the EU common market, is your system that retarded that you cant ship out side the proverbial "GREAT" Britain

Suggested replies on a postcard please.....

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

hmmm

i can think of a few pointed answers.

maybe you could use these.

1) unfortunately we only ship to countries that use post or zip codes as this allows us to operate in the 21st century.
    2) The proverbial "GREAT" Britain has already lent ireland a few billion pounds so we feel we have done our bit
    3) as a business owner it is up to me who i want to sell to, if your names not on the list your not comming in.

my wife says she would be carefull about shipping to ireland, then again shes a dublin lass and knows alot of the scams

Comment

If you had the skills to proceed to the checkout pages you would discover the answer to your question.

We actually limit the countries we serve for various resons which may include items like proof of delivery, reasonable delivery costs, customs requirements and ability to prove customer is who they say they are.

We do supply to Northern Ireland which fulfills our requirements, but as you will have noticed Eire does not meet all of them and is presently excluded

Actually we do supply both countries ourselves

pS

Happy new year to both of you and may your sales be massive
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

You could not take the bait and simply say.

We are a company based in the UK and currently it suits our business model to only supply within that region. From the tone of your message this seems to agreeve you. However if you gave it some thought perhaps you could appreciate we are a business and not a social service. I am sure that locally you would find companies that only sell within their own town, county or country.

If there is someting in particular we can help you with we will try our best, but handling and shipping charges would need to reflect the effort. Which is one reason why we restrict our service, to where we can offer best value.

Or just tell him what you think

Comment

Personally it would just go to file 13 and I'd put the kettle on.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
            Personally it would just go to file 13 and I'd put the kettle on.
            here too
            I'd have binned it
            Tracey

Comment

We get lots of emails from Ireland but avoid selling there for the obvious reasons of shipping costs and issues along with the possibility of collecting large goods sent if warranty repairs become required - horribly expensive.

We just politely decline but it is not pleasant to get aggressive emails
              https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

I'm never good at the witty replies so usually avoid trying as they can often be taken badly.

I do try and reply to all contact though. In this case probably with something along the lines of it being a business decision and apologising if it's caused them some inconvenience. Just something short and simple. Best not to waste too much time on it.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Here's today's effort via the Contact form:

"I am trying to order your 39Db ear plugs do you ship to the United States or what? the drop down does NOT allow you to check United States for billing card and will not allow me to continue."

Our response:

"We don't ship to the United States. The tone of your email - so typical of your countrymen - is the main reason *sigh*"

Her reply:

"That wasn't very nice.... How can you even tell a tone by an email, this is incorrect and maybe you should be more nicer in life"

To which we sent:
                  "We're lovely people at Snorestore as our customer feedback shows. We don't ship to the United States because we don't have to. Over the years, American customers have proved themselves to be unbelievably rude. They also routinely fail to understand the difference between dollars and pounds which is frankly laughable. Happy shopping elsewhere ..."

Yeah, I could have binned it. But I decided to take her on. Don't mess with me after a late night doing the bankers' dirty work for them. And don't be an illiterate American. That is all.
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

i included that prices shown on the site were GBP £ and not dollars $ in my terms because the next time someone from the US moans i have charged them more than shown i will refer them to it - pointing out that the world does not revolve around just dollars these days.

Comment

lol Jules
                      That was really very wrong but it did make me chuckle
                      Tracey

Comment

After the American woman came along, we had:

1) Customer who ordered two of one item, wants us to pay the return postage for one of them: "I'm an RAF officer you know and a single mother blah blah sob story ad infinitum and it's not my fault I didn't check the basket or the confirmation email etc etc etc"
                        2) Customer who put the wrong address on his order, wants us to send a replacement at our expense as surprise surprise, the one he ordered hasn't arrived
                        3) Customer who ordered a work earplug but used it for sleeping even though we state clearly not to. Then claimed she'd bought it for her boyfriend. Who then claimed he wasn't using it for sleeping but for "round the house." Wants a refund, naturally.

Today is Tosser Tuesday.
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
                        X